WEST ORANGE, NJ – Hundreds of people attended the Jewish Business Network (JBN) of New Jersey’s Second Annual Biz Expo—Grow Your Business, on Tuesday, Oct. 22, at the JCC MetroWest, in West Orange.
True to JBN’s mission, the event served to connect Jewish professionals of all ages, affiliations, and nationalities to each other in order to grow their businesses and careers through networking.
The expo comprised networkers, exhibitors, and business development seminars with featured speakers. Fumio Grill and Sushi of Livingston provided a complimentary sushi bar in which Kosher dietary laws were observed.
The event media and sponsors included: Candid Eye Photography, Fumio Grill and Sushi, Guaranteed Rate, Inflated Creations, jdeal, New Jersey Jewish News and Super Duper Bagels.
The exhibitors were as follows: Adult Care Advisors, BDB Payroll Service, Bellin Medical Staffing, Bergen IT, Cadett Marketing, Celebrations Catering, CMIT Solutions of Clifton, EMS Communications, Inc., Fidelity Payment, Goodbye to Foot Pain, Gusrae Kaplan Nusbaum, Jews With Tools, LearningRx of Short Hills, Lillian Sonnerstein, LUTCF Insurance, Merrill Lynch, Merrill Rutman Resume and Job Search Coach, Prudential, RBAC, Reflective Energy Solutions, Smith & Associates, Take Shape for Life, The Moxie Exchange Movement, Thea & Schoen, Inc., Time Systems International, Urbach & Avraham CPA’s, and Your Office Anywhere.
The speakers at the event included:
- Matthew Glass, CFF, a financial advisor at Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, in Short Hills, who provided an overview of the, “3 Keys to Networking Success—How to Build a Referral Network, and Never Cold Call Again.”
- Carol Metzger, president of Cadett Marketing, in Saddle Brook, NJ, who shared the, “Ten Essentials for a Successful Trade Show.”
- Brett Silverman, a business performance advisor with Insperity, in Florham Park, NJ, who educated attenddees on, “The Business Owner’s Guide to Obamacare – The Impact of Health Reform on Your Business.”
- Lori Sperber, the founder of Gateway Creative Group, in Randolph, NJ, who taught the audience how to, “Grow Your Revenues by Giving to Charity.”
- Professional copywriter, Caren Starr-Gates, of Fairlawn, NJ-based Starr-Gates Business Communications, who spoke on how to, “Master Your 60-Second Elevator Pitch.”
- Jeffrey Urbach, a founding partner at Urbach & Avraham, CPA’s, in Edison, NJ, who offered advice on the valuation of businesses via a speech on, “What is the Value of Your Business?”
- Livingston-based professional organizer, Ellen Palestine, of Finally Organized, LLC, who provided practical ideas to, “Take Control of Email Clutter.”
- Financial planner, Saul M. Simon, CFP, CFS, RFC, of the Simon Financial Group, who is the author of Simon Says Love Your Legacy—a Guide to Financial Education for Your and Your Family, offered easy-to-follow advice from his book.
- Tanya Helfand, Esq., of Helfand & Associates, in Whippany, NJ, who reviewed, “The Impact of Divorce on Your Business—A Legal Perspective.”
- Ari Farkas, Esq., managing member of the The Farkas Law Group, LLC, which is located in New York City and Connecticut, who discussed, “What Will Immigration Reform Mean for US Business Owners?”
- Randy Nathan, MSW, PCC, president, Project NextGen, in Livingston, who provided tips for, “No-Stress Networking—Simple Solutions for Overcoming Networking Obstacles.”
To like the TAP of Livingston Facebook page and see more photos from the JBN event, which were provided by Johanna Resnick Rosen of Candid Photography, click here for our Facebook album.