ATLANTIC CITY, NJ – Three Livingston-based CPAs recently were featured on this year’s New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJCPA) “Women of Note,” which spotlighted 38 noteworthy female CPAs who have had significant impact on the accounting profession.
Kimberly Ellison-Taylor, CPA, vice-chair of AICPA, announced the winners during NJCPA’s Annual Convention and Expo at the Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa in Atlantic City.
Livingston women who received this award included: Elizabeth Harper, CPA, of Sobel & Co. LLC; Stacy Gilbert, CPA, of Citrin Cooperman & Company, LLP; and Diana Miller, CPA, of Wiss & Company, LLP.
“After receiving many deserving nominations, the New Jersey Society of CPAs chose those who displayed a unique combination of NJCPA participation, accounting profession involvement and community service dedication,” the criteria said about the women on the list, which includes “women who are making a name for themselves in the New Jersey accounting landscape and beyond.”
Nominated by clients, friends and coworkers, the winners were selected based on their unique combination of NJCPA participation, accounting profession involvement and community service dedication.
According to the NJCPA Women of Note criteria, clients, friends and coworkers believed that their nominee’s professional, personal and community contributions deserved this recognition.
Other women in the area featured included: Maureen Donohue, CPA, CGMA, of New Jersey Society of CPAs in Roseland; Henrietta Fuchs, CPA, of CohnReznick LLP in Roseland; Yahaira Mendez, CPA, of CohnReznick LLP in Roseland; Ann Marie Callahan, CPA, of Caldwell University in Caldwell; Kelly Anne Kennedy-Ryu, CPA, of Smolin Lupin in Fairfield; Margaret Gallagher, CPA, of WithumSmith+Brown in Morristown; Jessica Offer, CPA, of WithumSmith+Brown in Morristown; and Diane Gitto, CPA, of Friedman LLP in East Hanover.
Honorable mentions also included: Kimberly Brandley, CPA, of CohnReznick LLP in Roseland; Kelly O'Callaghan, CPA, of CohnReznick LLP in Roseland; and Noorus Khan, CPA, of Smolin Lupin in Fairfield.
The following women were also included on the list of the 2016 NJCPA Women of Note:
- Jean Abbott, CPA, Stockton University
- Amy Both, CPA, Neral & Company, P.A.
- Rebecca Burke, CPA, Ernst & Young LLP
- Donna Buzby, CPA, Capaldi Reynolds & Pelosi CPAs, P.A.
- Melanie Cobb, CPA, CGMA, E. Martin Davidoff & Associates
- Laura Crowley, CPA, Wilkin & Guttenplan, P.C.
- Maureen Donohue, CPA, CGMA, New Jersey Society of CPAs
- Tracey Early, CPA, Untracht Early LLC
- Brittany Fedun, CPA, Wilkin & Guttenplan, P.C.
- JoAnne Geylin, CPA, EisnerAmper LLP
- Sarah Krom, CPA, PSA, SKC and Co., CPAs, LLC
- Carol McAllister, CPA, RMA, Bowman & Company LLP
- Sandra Mistler-Cipollone, CPA, Interstate Realty Management Co.
- Renee Rampulla, CPA, CGMA, Rampulla Advisory Services, LLC
- Alyssa Shadinger, CPA, CGMA, The Pine Hill Group
- Debra Simon, CPA, DMSimon CPA, LLC
- Jatinder Singh, CPA, Account Vision LLC
- Patricia Vroman-Stuart, CPA, Patricia Vroman-Stuart CPA MBA
- Paula Young, CPA, EisnerAmper LLP
- Stacy Lewandowski, CPA, Cowan, Gunteski & Co., P.A.
- Susan Miano, CPA, Friedman LLP
- Lisa Osofsky, CPA, WeiserMazars LLP
- Maria Plucinsky, CPA, Hunter Group CPA, LLC
- Michelle Shapiro, CPA, Untracht Early, LLC
- Nina Sorelle, CPA, Bowman & Company LLP
The New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants, with more than 14,000 members, represents the interests of the accounting profession and advances the financial well being of the people of New Jersey. The NJCPA plays a leadership role in supporting the profession by providing members with educational resources, access to shared knowledge and a continuing effort to create and expand professional opportunities.
The honorees will be featured in the September/October issue of "New Jersey CPA" magazine. To learn more about Women of Note, visit https://www.njcpa.org/womenofnote. The announcement was live streamed on the NJCPA’s Facebook page.