LIVINGSTON, NJ — Livingston Township Manager Barry has officially announced that all Livingston Township buildings will reopen to the public beginning on Monday, July 20 and will remain open during regular business hours, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
All departments have various safety measures as well as social-distancing and face-covering requirements in place to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
“We’re working to ensure that we are providing a safe environment for both employees and visitors,” said Lewis. “To that end, we’ve taken safety measures and established requirements for those coming into the buildings.”
Lewis also reminded residents that online resources also remain available to all residents through the township website and mobile application.
“Residents may not realize that most items can be handled through the website, without having to travel to a township building” he said. “Online applications, registrations and payments can be completed either through the website or our mobile app. I encourage residents to visit our website and follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more information.”
More information on safety measures and requirements can be seen below.
- Social-distancing floor markers are in place at all service counters and where lines may form.
- Plexiglass shields are installed at all service counters.
- Wall-mounted hand sanitizer dispensers are located at each service counter and at other locations throughout the buildings.
- Masks must be worn at all times by the public while in any township building.
- 6-foot social distancing must be maintained while in the buildings.
- Elevators may only be used by only one person at a time, unless the individuals are related.
- Occupancy will be limited. Visitors to the buildings may be required to wait outside or in a vehicle, should occupancy exceed the permitted capacity.
Entering & Exiting Buildings:
Livingston Town Hall, 357 S. Livingston Avenue
- Enter only through the east doors (at the back of the building)
- Exit only through the north doors (facing the YMCA building)
Livingston Senior and Community Center, 204 Hillside Avenue
- Enter and exit the building through the main doors facing Hillside Avenue, following appropriate signage.
- The lower level is closed until further notice; no access will be given.
- For birth certificates, individuals or parents are asked to come in alone (without other family members or children) if possible to minimize the number of people in the Livingston Health Department waiting area.
Board & Council Meetings:
With gatherings still restricted under Gov. Phil Murphy’s executive orders all township council, planning board and zoning board meetings will continue to be held virtually until further notice.
Drop boxes for Livingston’s building & zoning, engineering and planning departments will remain at the rear of town hall.
Those who do not need to see or speak with an employee in person can drop off forms, permit requests, etc. without having to enter and go up to the second floor of the building.
Visit the township website at www.livingstonnj.org or follow the township on Facebook (“Livingston Township, NJ”) and Twitter (“@Livingston_NJ) for the latest updates.
Register to receive police alerts and other notifications from the township through the Swift911 system at www.livingstonnj.org/Swift911.
CLICK HERE for information on Livingston’s ongoing COVID-19 response.