LIVINGSTON, NJ — While the COVID-19 public health crisis persists and social distancing remains in effect, Waste Industries continues to collect Livingston’s garbage and recycling according to the regular schedules. Residents are reminded of the following important updates.
- Regular Garbage and Recycling pickups are still being collected on schedule each week.
- Bulk pickup on the resident’s last regular pickup day of the month is still being collected.
- Metal recycling pickup on Fridays has been temporarily suspended.
- The Township Electronics Recycling Event scheduled for April 18 was canceled.
Put Used Masks and Gloves in the Garbage
- Disposable masks and gloves are not recyclable. Place these in the trash, to be collected with regular garbage pickup.
Visit the Township’s central Coronavirus page at livingstonnj.org/COVID-19 to find health information about the virus and prevention, updates on Township programs and services, official announcements, and other related resources for the Livingston community.
While using masks and gloves is recommended at this time, proper removal and disposal is essential to effectively help slow the spread of the coronavirus disease.
NJ.com has provided a helpful video instructing proper glove removal, which is also available on livingstonnj.org/COVID-19.