LIVINGSTON, NJ — Livingston High School (LHS) was bustling with excitement on Tuesday when The Big L Club hosted its 18th annual Lancers on Parade Trick Tray and Fashion Show—the biggest fundraiser of the year for the official sports booster of LHS. The function was comprised of a fashion show, delectable food and exciting prizes.
Local businesses, restaurants and clothing vendors all contributed to the evening, which recognizes LHS senior athletes, cheerleaders and marching band members. Proceeds from the fundraiser are used to purchase of a gift for the LHS Athletic Program to the benefit of all students.
More than 30 restaurants served their signature dishes and specialties in a “Taste of Livingston” while attendees dined and slipped raffle tickets into the boxes next to prizes they hoped to win.
LHS athletes modeled clothing and accessories from 580 South, Complements Two, The Gap, Infinity, LikeWear, Lord and Taylor, Macys, Men’s Warehouse, Old Navy, Vanilla Sky and Wish.
Paul Gaglioti, owner of Dieci Lifestyle Spa, and Giovanni Sarracino from Antonio’s Salon and Spa applied make up for the female athletes and also styled their hair.
The students stepped on stage in the auditorium in pairs or groups of three. The Masters of Ceremony announced each student’s affiliation (athletics, cheerleading or marching band) and that student’s post-graduation plans. The students’ favorite memories and hobbies were also mentioned.
Big L Club co-presidents Lisa Tamburi and Karen Mendez were among the many volunteers who spent months preparing for the Fashion Show/Tricky Tray/Taste of Livingston by reaching out to Livingston businesses to donate food, prizes, hair and makeup styling for the girls or to loan them clothing.
“The response is always amazing and we feel very supported by our town,” said Mendez. “This is a very memorable experience for the kids and we are happy to work on this event for them. The Big L Club works hard to raise money so that we can give back to the students at the high school.
“One great way to be one of our sponsors is to purchase a banner that hangs at the high school turf. It is a wonderful way for any business to advertise.”
Last year, the Big L Club donated a sound system for the fitness and wellness center and a new shed for the softball team last year. The program has yet to decide on this year’s purchase, but looks forward to presenting the LHS Athletic Program with something useful that will be enjoyed for years to come.
Tamburi expressed her gratitude to the business sponsors in addition to congratulating the students.
“Thank you to all of the businesses that supported us this year, and congratulations to all the senior Lancers,” she said. “You did amazing in the fashion show and good luck to you all. Go Lancers!”
Lancers on Parade is a special tradition for the senior athletes, cheerleaders and marching band, and the community joins together to make it fun and delicious.
In addition to the 50/50 raffle, this year’s tricky tray prizes included:
- BIG BLUE - $415: A basket with 4 tickets to Giants pre-season games, a signed lithograph of Eli Manning, a cooler, 2 Giants blankets, a football and a $50 Dick’s gift card. Donated by Diane Goldman, LHS Football, NY Giants Association and Dicks
- DECISIONS DECISIONS - $300: A $300 discount on a complete college counseling package. Donated by Admit U Consulting, LLC
- VARSITY GREEN - $350: $100 discount on a varsity jacket & $250 Mastercard gift card. Donated by Collegemania, LHS Wrestling team and LHS Softball Team
- ROCK ON! - $400: 4 Live Bush tickets at PNC Arts Center. Donated by Ken & Julie Fermaglich
- ACCESSORIZE ME - $145: Plaid Ruana wrap with fringe, matte onyx and druzy bracelet set and brown vegan leather wallet. Donated by Remy’s Gems
- IT’S IN THE BAG - $115: Purse & $25 gift card. Donated by Lori’s Corner, Livingston
- KIDS’ DAY OUT - $125: Backpack, game and surprises. Donated by Love Letters
- STRANDED - $400: Tennis bag, youth tennis racquet, one week of 2019 summer camp (half-days) for Summer 2019. Donated by The Strand Tennis Center
- FUN IN THE SUN - $325: 4 tickets to Tomahawk Lake, Ray Ban Wayfarer sunglasses, $75 Mastercard gift card, $25 Great Shapes gift card. Donated by Tomahawk Lake, Livingston Family Eye Care, Great Shapes and LHS Girls’ Field Hockey Team
- STEPPING OUT ON THE TOWN - $148: Pink Jewels $50 gift card, Mixology $50 gift card, Blo Lounge $38 gift card and E-Nails $10 gift card. Donated by Pink Jewels, Mixology, Blo Lounge, E-Nails of Livingston
- FASHION SENSE - $305: Hot Tots Bag, 4 Fashions tops, LikeWear $20 gift card, Kids at Heart $25 gift card. Donated by Hot Tots Boutique, 4 Fashions, LikeWear and Kids at Heart
- DECORATE THE DORM - $165: Board & Brush $65 gift certificate and Bed Bath & Beyond $100 gift certificate. Donated by Board & Brush, Bed Bath & Beyond and LHS girls’ soccer team
- TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALL GAME - $173: 4 pack of upper box ticket vouchers to the Somerset Patriots ($48 value), $50 Dicks gift card, $75 Mastercard gift card. Donated by Somerset Patriots, Dicks and LHS Football team
- FATHER’S DAY TREAT - $444: 2 Mets baseball tickets for Father’s Day (6/6/19, $94 value), $100 Mastercard gift card, $250 discount on landscaping project of $2,500 value or more by Essex Design Contracting. Donated by Susan & David Poesl, LHS Boys’ Basketball team, Mark Fusari
For more information about The Big L Club click HERE or Email firstname.lastname@example.org.