LIVINGSTON, NJ — Municipal tennis and pickleball courts have officially been reopened in the Township of Livingston as of Saturday morning with new safety protocols being put in places to ensure the health and safety of all players.
If these protocols are not followed, the township reserves the right to close the courts again in order to prevent potential spread of the virus.
COVID-19 Rules for all Tennis and Pickleball Courts within Livingston are as follows:
- All players must maintain social distancing (no closer than 6’ to other players).
- Players should use their own hand sanitizer before and after play.
- Singles only, no doubles. Only 2 players allowed per court with no guests or spectators on court.
- Only Livingston residents and their guests may use the courts.
- Court hours at all locations are 8:00 am to 8:00 pm.
- To maximize court availability to all residents, court time is limited to 1 hour per match.
- Players must vacate the court immediately after they have finished playing.
- Players should stay on one side of the court for the duration of a match; do not switch ends.
- Players should only touch their own equipment (i.e. racquet, tennis or pickle balls, towels) and should avoid touching fences, gates, nets, etc.
- Only serve and play your own ball. Do not touch errant balls from another court.
- Consider spraying balls briefly with a disinfectant spray.
- Players should primarily hit from the baseline and avoid net play unless other player is on baseline.
- DO NOT congregate near court entrances when waiting and wait until the prior players have fully exited the court before entering the courts.
- It is recommended to wear a face covering prior to and after playing. It is also recommended to wear a face covering while playing if possible.
- If you or your family members have displayed any symptoms or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, do not come to the courts to play tennis and/or pickleball.