FLORHAM PARK,N.J.- Reported stolen vehicle located on Columbia Turnpike results in arrest Monday evening.
According to Florham Park Police Department, Officer Kevin Langereis located the vehicle after being alerted to it by in-car LoJack system, and attempted to stop the driver in the parking lot of 176 Columbia Turnpike. The vehicle fled.
Following a short motor vehicle pursuit, the driver left the roadway and crashed after a right turn onto Park Avenue in Hanover Township. The suspect fled on foot and was captured with the assistance of Morris County Sheriff’s Department K9 Unit.
The suspect was arrested and brought to Florham Park Police Headquarters for processing. After submitting several false identities, the suspect was identified as a juvenile from Brooklyn, New York. Detective Neilan charged the suspect with the following offenses:
- Possession Of A Stolen Vehicle
- Obstructing Administration Of Law
- Hindering Apprehension
- Operating A Motor Vehicle Without The Owners Consent
- Driving Without A License
- Reckless Driving
- Careless Driving
- Failure To Observe A Traffic Control Device
- Unsafe Lane Change
Several other motor vehicle violations were charged and the suspect was brought to the Morris County Juvenile Detention Facility.
The Florham Park Police Department would like to thank the following agencies, who assisted at the scene;
- The Morris County Sheriff’s Department K9 Unit
- The Morris County Sheriff’s Department CIS Unit
- The Morris County Prosecutor’s Office
- Hanover Township Police Department
- Morris Township Police Department
- Madison Police Department
- New Jersey State Police