MORRISTOWN, NJ –Motorists and area residents are reminded that there are several road closures in effect for Saturday, Jan. 20 due to the Women's March on New Jersey 2018.
Organizers are expecting large crowds, which will impact traffic throughout the area. Motorists are urged to plan alternate routes or allow extra time when traveling through town.
Road closures will take place between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. and are subject to change based upon event volume. Additional closures may be put into effect as needed throughout the event.
- South Street will be closed in both directions between Hamilton Road and James Street starting at 9 a.m.
- South Street will be closed from James Street to the Morristown Green in both directions from 11 a.m. until the conclusion of the march.
- Traffic will be able to flow around the Green on North, West and East Park Place, however those roadways will be reduced to single lanes .
- South Park Place will be closed for the duration of the event.
- Traffic will be able to access East Park Place via Morris Street and Dumont Place but will be required to continue northbound on Speedwell Avenue.
- These travel restrictions will take effect at approximately 11 a.m. and will remain in place throughout the duration of the event.
- Morristown Parking Authority lots will be open and accessible for event parking. For details & locations, please review www.townofmorristown.org/parking
On-street parking will be restricted on the following streets from 7 a.m. until the conclusion of this event:
All streets on the Green (North, South, East and West Park Place)
- South Street from James Street to South Park Place (entire length of South Street)
- Speedwell Avenue from North Park Place to Cattano Avenue
- Bank Street
- Market Street
Got a news tip? Email us at lireland@TAPinto.net