MADISON, NJ - Attention Madison Small Business Owners: Your continued success is important to the overall health and well-being of our community. A vibrant downtown benefits the community, reduces taxes and gives all Madison residents a sense of pride and identity.
You are our friends, our neighbors, you make our town a wonderful place to shop, and dine. This program has been created by the Madison Main Street Foundation and Downtown Development Commission with the support of the Madison Area Chamber of Commerce to help you recover from the economic damage caused by the global outbreak of COVID-19. An Ad Hoc Grant Steering Committee comprised of members from the three organizations listed above will review applications and make grant recommendations to the Madison Main Street Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
1) Business must be located in the Downtown District defined in Borough Code, Chapter 15:Downtown Development Commission, Section 15-1.1 Definitions: Includes both the traditional downtown area which principally corresponds to the CBD Zoning Districts and also the additional commercial areas of the Borough of Madison which correspond to the CC and Gateway Zoning Districts, as shown on the Zoning Map of the Borough of Madison
2) Business must have twenty or fewer Full-time Equivalent Employees
3) Priority will be given to businesses defined as Non-Essential Retail Businesses by New Jersey
Executive Order No. 107. Other businesses defined as Essential Retail Businesses by New Jersey
Executive Order No. 107, may also apply if they can demonstrate a significant loss.
4) Grant amount to be determined
5) Businesses can use the grants for a wide-range of recovery activities including but not limited to:
- Help with rent costs
- Cover operational costs
- Help defray marketing costs
- Cover employee wages for unperformed work
The following businesses are not eligible to receive this grant funding given funding restrictions and grant purpose:
- National franchises
- Non-profit organizations
Grants will be based on need and disbursed based on the amount of funds raised. The application is attached and AVAILABLE HERE FOR DOWNLOAD.
Grant Application Submission: All documents may be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to Madison Main Street Foundation, Hartley Dodge Memorial Building, 50 Kings Road Madison, NJ 07940.
Federal & State Resources:
1) Federal Disaster Loans for Businesses, Private Non-profits, Homeowners and Renters: COVID-19 ECONOMIC INJURY DISASTER LOAN APPLICATION
2) What grants are available for small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs) via the NJEDA Small Business Emergency Assistance Grant? (Applications open April 3 at 9 a.m.): CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION
We have been working to keep you up to date but this is a rapidly changing situation. If there is something that you think we can do to help, please do not hesitate to ask, email firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
Celebrating Something Special? Showcase Your Wedding, Christening, Bar/Bat Mitzvah, Graduation, Reunion and MORE on TAPinto Milestones!