MADISON, NJ - Registration for the MBA 2019-2020 season is currently open on the MBA website (madisonhoops.com). Cost of registration is $100 per athlete. There is an earlybird discount of $25 for all registrations before October 1st. Maximum cost to families with multiple athletes is $225. Registration will remain open until December 1st. Players will get a practice jersey at the first session that is to be worn at all sessions throughout the year.
As a change to the registration process, travel players will be required to complete a separate registration before being added to their team rosters. Click here for registration information
- Rec Registration: Available now, required for all players including Travel
- Coaches Registration: Available now, required for all Travel and Rec coaches and assistants
- Fall Clinic Registration: Available shortly
- Travel Registration: Available after tryouts, required for all Travel players
Recreational sessions will begin the weekend of Dec 7th and 14th depending upon age and continue on Saturdays and Sundays through March 1st.
2019-2020 MBA Calendar of Events:
- Boys Fall Clinic - Sept 17, 18, 24, 25 Oct 1, 2
- Girls Fall Clinic - Sept 23, 26, Oct 3
- Travel Tryouts - Oct 7 - 20
- Travel Coaches meeting - Oct 24, 8pm
- Recreation Coaches meeting - Nov 14, 8pm
- Recreation season begins (1-3) - Dec 14
- Recreation season begins (4-8) - Dec 7, End of Recreation season (last game) March 1
Volunteer Coaches and Assistants
The organization is in need of more volunteer coaches at all levels for the Recreation and Travel programs. If you wish to assist in ANY capacity, complete the coaches registration on the madisonhoops.com website.
Travel basketball is another important aspect of the program. Players in grades 4 through 8 who sign up for Rec, may choose to try out for one of the travel teams. No one is obligated to play in the travel program. The travel teams are for players who have begun to develop a skill level necessary for this type of competition against other towns.
Tryouts are tentatively scheduled for the weeks of October 7th through the 20th.
Tryouts for each grade/gender will take place on 2 or 3 days during this period.
Travel season begins in early December and will continue through mid-March.
Participants should be able to commit to practices and games several days each week throughout the season.
Cost to participate is an additional $125 per player