MORRISTOWN, NJ - FC Motown, a TAPinto.net sponsor, is the latest expansion team to join the National Premier Soccer League. All home games are played at Drew University.
FC Motown has announced its schedule for the upcoming NPSL season. The NPSL is a national league with approximately 100 teams from coast to coast. It includes some of the best soccer clubs in the country, including Detroit City, Chattanooga, Jacksonville Armada and Miami United.
These clubs draw thousands of fans per game and are fervently followed. FC Motown hopes to create a team that Morris County residents get can get behind in full force.
FC Motown will be taking on the NY Red Bulls U23 in the first round of the Lamar Hunt US Open Cup on Wednesday, May 9 at 7 p.m. Drew University's Ranger Stadium in Madison.
The team is looking to build off an excellent finish last season, in which they were one of the top 70 teams in the entire country. After bringing back key players from last year's team, as well as making signings this off season, FC Motown sees the sky as the limit for how far they can make a run this season
Coach Sacir Hot had the following to say about the match up: "We are thrilled to be playing a PDL powerhouse like Red Bulls U23 in the Lamar Hunt Cup at Drew University. The 2017 Red Bulls U23 team placed an astounding nine player on pro rosters this year. I came up through the Red Bulls Academy and have fond memories of it. It will be quite a game and we will be ready for it."
The full 2018 NPSL Schedule is as follows:
- May 9 vs. NY Red Bulls U23 at Drew University, 7 p.m.
- May 19 vs. FC Monmouth at Drew University, 6 p.m.
- May 26 vs. Junior Lone Star FC at Bonner Prendergast, 6 p.m.
- June 2 vs. New Jersey Copa FC at St. John Vianney High School, 4:30 p.m.
- June 9 vs. Torch FC at Pennridge High School, 6 p.m.
- June 13 vs. Hershey FC at Drew University, 7 p.m.
- June 16 vs. Atlantic City FC at Drew University, 6 p.m.
- June 24 vs. Electric City Shock at Drew University, 5 p.m.
- June 30 vs. Hershey FC at Hershey High School Soccer Stadium, 6:30 p.m.
- July 3 vs. Electric City Shock at Scranton University, 6:30 p.m.
- July 7 vs. West Chester United Soccer Club at Drew University, 6 p.m.
FC Morristown: Our Story
It is always a risk buying a franchise and hoping that a community supports it. We have so much belief in our players and our product that we feel it will catch on. Everything is teed up to launch in year one including having a national title contending team, a beautiful home field at Drew University and a story that is the template for the promotion/relegation movement in US soccer.
FC Motown has had organic growth up the US soccer pyramid. We started as a co-ed team in 2012 playing at a Morris Parks Commission field and moved up incrementally each year to where we are today.