• Fuerzas Armadas de Liberación Nacional (FALN) was a Puerto Rican terrorist group from the ’70s whose objective was Puerto Rican independence from America. They admitted to bombing government buildings that did cause fatalities. They were also responsible for the 1975 bombing in New York City of Fraunces Tavern, where George Washington said farewell to the troops. The blast killed four innocent people.
• Irish Republican Army (IRA) was terrorist group from the last century responsible for killing innocents again in the name of Irish Independence from England. The biggest problem here was in their running guns from the United States to both England and Ireland.
• Jewish Defense League (JDL) was a Jewish religious-political organization in the United States, whose stated goal is to “protect Jews from antisemitism.” They sometimes used violence to try to achieve their goals. In some circles, too, they were also seen as terrorists because of their tactics. In fact, it was classified as “a right wing extremist group” by the FBI in 2001 and is considered a radical organization by the Southern Poverty Law Center. According to the FBI, the JDL has been involved in plotting and executing acts of terrorism within the United States. It was founded in New York City in 1968 by Rabbi Meir Kahane, who was assassinated in 1990.” (Wikipedia)
• Weather Underground (also known as the Weathermen) was a violent terrorist wing of the Students for a Democratic Society (SDS), a group of students against the Vietnam War. (Britannica)
• Black Liberation Army (BLA) was a violent wing of the Black Panther Movement. It was “an underground, black nationalist militant organization that operated in the United States from 1970 to 1981. Composed largely of former Black Panthers, the organization’s program was one of ‘armed struggle,’ and its stated goal was to ‘take up arms for the liberation and self-determination of black people in the United States.’” (Wikipedia)
These were all terrorist groups that at one time operated within the United States. Yes, I know there have been others, but I am making a point. From the get-go, no one in government or law enforcement or the media had any trouble calling them by their names and labeling them for what they were. When people were running for elected office or held office and called them out, no one even hinted that we should not speak of this out of fear that it may advance their cause and encourage recruitment. By identifying the enemy, we were able to mostly neuter their operations within the United States.
But now, we face more terrorism on our soil, but the official government position is we cannot identify our enemy because we may encourage others to join them. As the past has shown, unless you identify your enemy, you cannot possibly defeat them.
You had Hillary Clinton berating Donald Trump for using the word “bombing” in regards to the recent terrorist attacks in New York City and New Jersey. This, even though, she used the same word only a few minutes before. She said his rhetoric was used as a recruitment tool by the terrorists. This, even though, there is a YouTube video by these terrorists featuring former President Bill Clinton.
In spite of what you are hearing or reading, our enemy is not the police, Donald Trump or even Hillary Clinton. Our enemy is Islamic terrorists. Just as no one thought back in the ’60s and ’70s that all students were Weathermen, all blacks were BLA, all people of the Jewish faith were JDL, all Puerto Ricans were FALN or all Irish were IRA, no one is thinking that all Muslims are terrorists when you call out Islamic terrorists. That is just pure bull.
These Islamic terrorists were there before Bill Clinton and Donald Trump. We are not, in the words of the administration, involved in a war of narratives. We are actually in a war of cultures. Until you get your arms around that, this war will continue.
Back in the ‘60s, ‘70s and ‘80s, when the above groups were doing their worst, people wanted leaders to stop it, not try to understand their position. We elected leaders to stop them. To ensure the safety of our people and country. We are at that point now.
In last week’s news: The Department of Homeland Security Office of Inspector General just issued a shocking report. In it, it admitted that over 850 people who were ordered deported, or had actually been removed, were granted American citizenship—by mistake.
They are blaming this “mistake” on the lack of digital fingerprints. The FBI and Homeland Security are supposed to check the fingerprint records of those applying for citizenship. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) admits that about 150,000 fingerprint records of illegal aliens who are criminals and fugitives aren’t in the system.
Donald Trump says to put a moratorium on immigration and the tasking of refugees until out government agencies are up to speed. He is called a racist or Islamaphobe. Hillary Clinton and our Justice Department says there is nothing to see here, move on, we need to take in more people who we cannot possibly vet. You must make a choice.
This is what I say. What say you?
The opinions expressed herein are the writer's alone, and do not reflect the opinions of TAPinto.net or anyone who works for TAPinto.net. TAPinto.net is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the writer.