CARMEL, N.Y. - Superintendent Anthony DiCarlo said that as a result of the governors’ executive order on Friday, March 20, the state has completely shut down except for essential services.
“As we proceed through the next several weeks, we are going to continue our distance learning through April 1,”: he said. “April 2 and 3 we will be taking our remaining two snow days and our spring break will run from April 6 through April 13 and remote learning will resume on April 14.”
The district also offered this information:
- Social Distancing - Please continue to follow the stringent guidelines about social distancing. This has real, practical implications, especially in places where we normally congregate. Our fields and playgrounds are closed and although the gates can be locked, they are not. We ask families to restrict their usage of these spaces because they can allow germs to live for extended periods of time and can provide greater opportunity for transmission from person to person.
- Code of Conduct - Actions and behavior while engaged in remote learning and/or while using District devices are governed by the code of conduct and subject to both school and legal ramifications.
- Standardized Test - We have designed a website called MCSD Standardized Testing Updates to keep you updated on various standardized testing programs associated with our instructional program. As you may be aware, the information we receive continues to evolve and we will monitor these changes giving you the most accurate information in a timely fashion. Please be sure to check the site, linked here, frequently. Specifically, at this time NYS Grades 3-8 ELA, Math, 4 and 8 Science, NYSESLAT, and NYSAA exams for spring 2020 have been suspended.
- Proper Cleaning of Chromebooks - Using a 70 percent isopropyl alcohol wipe or Clorox Disinfecting Wipes, you may gently wipe the hard, nonporous surfaces of your device, such as the display, keyboard, or other exterior surfaces. Please do not use bleach, avoid getting moisture in any opening, and do not submerge your device in any cleaning agents.
- Out of District Transportation - The deadline to apply for next year has been extended to April 8. If you have not yet submitted your request, please do so upon request from the Transportation Department or complete this form
Information provided by Mahopac School District