CARMEL, N.Y. - The Lake Secor Community House has been eliminated as a polling location by the Putnam County Board of Elections. Residents in the election districts (4, 21 and 25) who used that building will now cast their ballots at Mahopac Falls Elementary School on Baldwin Place Road.
As a result of the change, some other election districts in the town of Carmel have been reassigned new polling places.
Supervisor Ken Schmitt said the change was precipitated by the sale of the Community House building by the school district.
With the former Lake Secor Community House voters now moving to the Falls school, some Falls school voters will vote at the middle school. In fact, there was an abundance of changes in the election district maps. Here’s a look at the polling places for the different election districts as they now stand:
• Election districts 1, 11, 12, 23, 24 and 30 will vote at the Lakeview Elementary School, 112 Lakeview Dr., Mahopac
• Election districts 2, 8, 14, 20, and 29 will vote at Doherty Hall at St. James, 20 County Center, Carmel
• Election districts 3, 4, 17 and 25 will vote at Mahopac Falls Elementary School, 100 Myrtle Ave., Mahopac
• Election districts 5,9, 18, 26 and 28 will vote at Mahopac Middle School, 425 Baldwin Place, Mahopac
• Election districts 6, 12, 16, 19 and 27 will vote at Austin Road Elementary School, 390 Austin Road, Mahopac
• Election districts 7, 10, 15, 22 will vote at Carmel Town Hall, 60 McAlpin Ave., Mahopac
“Look at your card when you get it, so you know where your polling place is,” Schmitt advised.
Voters can also use the polling place locator on the Board of Elections website at http://www.putnamboe.com/welcome/polling-place-locator/