Many of us use our smartphones and tablets more and more to do business while on the go. Mobile business apps are not only helpful, but in some cases have become a necessity. With the ability to have many of the business apps you utilize everyday right at your fingertips, the need to carry around an expensive, and oftentimes cumbersome laptop, is beginning to dwindle. While it may be a hard transition for some to get completely adjusted to relying on your mobile devices, there are plenty of apps that can help make the transition a bit smoother. Below are a few apps to help you get started.
- Dropbox - Dropbox is a cloud-storage application that lives on your desktop and allows you to drag and drop files into it, and then will sync those files across all your devices. Rather than carrying around a USB drive, or emailing a specific document to yourself ahead of time, Dropbox gives you the ability to access all of your files while on the go.
- Evernote - Evernote is a note-taking app with a variety of different features including the ability to clip web pages, store images, take audio notes, and then sync them across devices and among your coworkers. Instead of carrying pen and paper or opening your laptop every time you want to take notes during a meeting or conference, Evernote allows you to store everything in one place and then transfer it to any device you need.
- Sign-n-Send - Do you ever receive documents while on the go that require a signature? Rather than having to print, sign and scan the document to send it back, Sign-n-Send allows you to sign any PDF or Microsoft Office document and send it back via email.
- CardMunch – With CardMunch, you will never have to worry about keeping track of all of your business cards. Created by LinkedIn, CardMunch is a business card reader which gives you the opportunity to convert business cards to address book contacts, and add them as LinkedIn connections, eliminating the need to hang on to business cards.
- SlideShark - Do you need to give a PowerPoint presentation on the go? SlideShark allows you to play, view, and share PowerPoint presentations with fonts, colors, graphics, and animations completely intact. This app allows you to see them exactly as you would on your PC or laptop.
While these are just a few of the hundreds of apps to pick from, these are some of the more popular ones that can help you be more productive, grow your business, and continue to work while on the go.
I would like to thank Caroline Ryder for preparing this article with me. Caroline is a Marketing Analyst with C2G Resourcing, a subsidiary of Consultants 2 Go, LLC. Don’t forget, you can email me at Peggy@Consultants2Go.com with any questions you might have and I’ll be glad to answer them. You can also follow me and my business on Twitter @peggymchale and @consultants2go