MONMOUTH COUNTY, NJ: IMA Urgent Care Centers and Primary Care Offices will be hosting their annual Thanksgiving Food Drive to benefit Middletown Helps Its Own (MHIO). Collections will take place at both IMA Urgent Care Centers in Shrewsbury and Port Monmouth and primary care offices located in Middletown, Shrewsbury, Hazlet, and Red Bank. Food collections will take place from November 2nd through November 19th. Each IMA Urgent Care and Primary Care location will have a collection station set up for the community, patients, and employees to drop off non-perishable food for the Thanksgiving holiday.
Since 1964, Middletown Helps Its Own has been providing assistance to Middletown area families. MHIO is 100% volunteer-driven and is supported solely on donations.
“This year, during the coronavirus crisis, we are seeing a greater need for food. Providing a Thanksgiving meal is one way for our offices to support food insecurity in the area,” states IMA President, Dr. Roger Thompson.
Food donations can be dropped off at any IMA Urgent Care Centers which are open daily or at the IMA primary care offices. The best donations are canned gravy, stuffing, canned cranberry, boxed cake mixes, icing, boxed muffin or biscuit mix, canned vegetables, mashed potato mixes, boxed rice, canned fruit, and macaroni & cheese.
All food donations can be dropped off at the following IMA Urgent Care and Primary Care locations. All offices require a mask when entering to drop off.
- Shrewsbury- 30 Shrewsbury Plaza, Marshalls Plaza, Shrewsbury, NJ 07702, 732-542-0002
- Middletown- 363 Route 36, Port Monmouth, NJ 07758, 732-471-0800
- Hazlet- 3253 Route 35, Hazlet, NJ 07730, 732-888-7646
- Chapel Hill Family Medicine– 100 Village Court, Suite 302, Hazlet, NJ 07730, 732-758-0048
- Family Practice of Middletown– 18 Leonardville Road, Middletown, NJ 07758, 732-671-0860
- Red Bank Family Medicine– 231 Maple Avenue, Red Bank, NJ 07701, 732-842-0730
- Red Bank Medical– 175 Patterson Avenue, Shrewsbury, NJ 07702, 732-747-4600
- Shrewsbury Family Medicine– 655 Shrewsbury Avenue, Suite 206, Shrewsbury, NJ 07702, 732-559-5500
“Every year when we host this food drive we are amazed at the generosity that our patients and the public exhibit,” commented Dr. Brendan Mulholland. “Helping others in the community is the best way to connect, and we are proud to partner with Middletown Helps Its Own, to help bring a joyful Thanksgiving to those in need.”
IMA Urgent Care Centers were created over 20 years ago by local doctors as an alternative to the hospital emergency room for minor emergencies as well as acute and chronic illnesses. IMA Urgent Care Centers accept most forms of insurance and IMA patients and non-IMA patients alike. IMA Urgent Care Centers are open 7 days a week for walk-in appointments. IMA operates seven primary care offices located in Shrewsbury, Middletown, Red Bank, and Hazlet.