Monmouth and Ocean Counties----Preferred Behavioral Health Group (PBHG), providing mental health and substance abuse education, prevention, support and treatment, is asking for the community’s support to provide gift cards to be used by people in need. “We are currently living amidst very challenging times,” said Mary Pat Angelini, PBHG Chief Executive Officer. “People struggling with mental illness and substance use issues are faced with even greater challenges.”
The organization is continuing to provide services and stay connected during this pandemic, but many of the people served are struggling to meet their basic needs.
The donation of gift cards will support:
- Youth aging out of foster care who have recently lost their jobs (Project Independence-PI);
- Adults in recovery from opioid addiction now struggling to pay their bills (Support Team for Addiction Recovery - STAR);
- Infants and toddlers without diapers (Healthy Families-HF; In-Home Recovery Program-IHRP);
- Families supported by our Mobile Response program who have limited resources and now more than ever need food, clothing, toiletries, and cleaning supplies;
- People with mental illness who are homeless or in danger of becoming homeless (Projects for Assistance in Transition from Homelessness - PATH);
- Low income area residents with mental illness who are challenged every day to keep food on their tables (Integrated Case Management Services - ICMS).
Gift cards identified by the frontline staff that will best meet the immediate needs include Walmart, Amazon, Shop-Rite, and Grub Hub, but donations of any food, gasoline, or essential retail store would be gratefully accepted.
Electronic gift cards should be directed to Judy Daniels at email@example.com. Mailed gift cards should be sent to: Preferred Behavioral Health Group, 700 Airport Road, Lakewood, NJ 08701. Donations will be directed to a specific program if requested.
For more information, contact Judy Daniels at 732-367-4700, x2240 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Preferred Behavioral Health Group is a non-profit organization that has served the community for over 40 years. PBHG provides mental health and substance abuse education, prevention, support and treatment. Its mission is to deliver quality and compassionate behavioral health services to individual and families all the time through a Trauma Informed Care approach. For more information: www.preferredbehavioral.org.