Election Day is One Week from Today!
The general election is next Tuesday, November 5, 2019, and I would like to remind you about upcoming voter deadlines and important election information.
Today is the deadline for the County Clerk's Elections Office to receive Vote by Mail applications via mail. Registered voters in Monmouth County can still apply for a Mail-In Ballot and vote early in-person by visiting our Elections Office, located at 300 Halls Mill Road in Freehold.
Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. In addition, extended hours will be held this Saturday, November 2, 2019 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The deadline to apply for a Vote by Mail Ballot in-person is the day before Election Day, Monday, November 4, 2019 at 3 p.m.
If you are currently in possession of a Vote by Mail Ballot, you can either mail or hand deliver it to the Monmouth County Board of Elections Office for counting, also located at 300 Halls Mill Road in Freehold. Please note that all hand delivered Mail-In Ballots must be received by the Board of Elections at the close of the polls on Election Night. All Mail-In Ballots sent via mail must be postmarked by Election Day and received by the Board of Elections within 48 hours after the close of the polls.
To find your polling place, view your sample ballot, or for more information, please visit our Elections Website at MonmouthCountyVotes.com or download our free Monmouth County Votes Mobile App in the Apple App and Google Play Stores.
If you have any additional questions, please call the County Clerk's Elections Office at 732-431-7790.
Check Out Our Vote by Mail Video Tutorial
Confused about the Vote by Mail process? Click hereto watch Monmouth County Clerk Christine Giordano Hanlon's new video tutorial that explains how simple and convenient voting by mail is in Monmouth County.
Download Our "I Voted" Sticker Facebook Frame
Share with your family and friends that you have proudly exercised your right to vote! The Facebook Frame is a free and temporary banner that appears over your Facebook profile picture with the “I Voted” sticker, as pictured. Adding our frame onto your profile picture will show your patriotism and remind your Facebook friends to request a ballot or to get to the polls! Download by clicking here.
Upcoming Voter Deadlines
- Wednesday, October 30th: Mailing of Sample Ballots for the General Election
- Saturday, November 2nd: County Clerk's Election Office and the County Board of Elections will hold extended hours for early voting in-person at 300 Halls Mill Road in Freehold, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Monday, November 4th at 3 p.m.: Deadline to apply in-person for a General Election Mail-In Ballot at the County Clerk's Elections Office
- Tuesday, November 5th: General Election Day, Polls are open 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Find your polling place by clicking here.
- Tuesday, November 5th: Vote by Mail Ballots must be postmarked on Election Day and received by the Board of Elections within 48 hours after the close of the polls, in order to be counted.
- Tuesday, November 5th by 8 p.m.: Vote by Mail Ballots that are hand delivered to the Board of Elections must be received by the close of the polls on Election Night, in order to be counted.
- Thursday, November 7th at 8 p.m.: Deadline for the Board of Elections to receive Vote by Mail Ballots that are postmarked on Election Day
Very truly yours,
Christine Giordano Hanlon, Esq.
Monmouth County Clerk