Sometimes the answer to something could be right in front of us. The missing puzzle piece is something we least expect that can change the way we always have looked at something. Colts Neck native and 2006 graduate of Colts Neck High School, Ray DeRosa, woke up and realized that he was blind. It was the day after his 21st birthday when late night celebrations had triggered a rare condition known as Leber's Neuropathy, a mother-to-son inherited eye disease that takes away your vision slowly over the course of a few days.
Doctors told him there was no known cure for Leber's, but luckily for Ray, his mother refused to accept that prognosis. She’s Greek, a culture known for its homemade health remedies, and more importantly, for not taking ‘No’ for an answer.
Enter Ray’s unlikely savior: the dandelion. America’s favorite lawn nuisance, the innocent victim of every weed killer on the market and ironically one of the most powerful healing remedies in the world. Ray’s mom created her own concoction of dandelion tea to heal her son; a tonic made from the leaves and roots of the plant, and within 3 days, his vision had miraculously returned.
Taking no chances, Ray’s mom continued to brew the tea and made sure he drank it long after he was healed. At first, Ray begrudgingly obeyed, but soon he discovered a wide range of benefits from this homemade elixir: a hangover cure, a natural detox, an anti-inflammatory, a liver cleanser, a skin toner, the list goes on. This super healing plant had been hiding in front of everyone’s eyes. He had to act: he gathered his resources and brewed the first batch of LION Tea, not realizing then that the course of his life had been forever altered.
Since then, LION Tea has launched in New York and LA and gained over 500 retail partners across the country, including Amazon. It turns out, Ray had to lose his vision to find his vision and now it’s taking the world by storm. Visit liontea.com for more information.
Dandelion tea has been used as an ancient herbal remedy for centuries, given that each part of the plant, [the root, the leaf and the flower] has its own unique medicinal properties. Proven to increase energy, boost immunity, improve skin clarity, cure hangovers, shed excess water weight, improve regularity, eliminate bloat and curb appetite, dandelion’s are a homegrown super plant with endless health benefits.
● Rich in antioxidants, dandelions may have anti aging benefits for the skin.
● Because dandelion acts as a diuretic and increases urine output, it may provide relief from bloating
● Early research suggests dandelion may treat constipation and other symptoms of impaired digestion
● Dandelion contain high levels of the antioxidant beta-carotene which may provide strong protection against cellular damage and oxidative stress
Current Product Lineup:
- Original Dandy (Unsweetened) Vegan
- Lemon Elderflower (Unsweetened) Vegan
- Blood Orange Ginger (Lightly Sweetened)
- Blueberry Hibiscus (Lightly Sweetened)
- Strawberry Lavender (Lightly Sweetened)
- Blackberry Rose (Lightly Sweetened)