The 177th Fighter Wing and 108th Wing are partnering in the nationwide Air Force Salutes Flyover event, May 12 (weather date - May 13), to honor the men and women working on the front lines during the 2019-20 coronavirus pandemic.
The flyover will feature three F-16 Fighting Falcons from the 177th Fighter Wing and a KC-135R Stratotanker from the 108th Wing. The flight begins at 11:20 a.m. and will cover key COVID-19 locations across New Jersey, to include testing sites, state veterans homes, hospitals and mortuary affairs.
Barring delays due to weather, air traffic or maintenance, residents can see the flyover at the following times and locations:
• Sea Girt – 11:30 a.m.
• PNC Arts Center – 11:35 a.m.
• Millstone – 11:40 a.m.
• NJ Convention Center – 11:45 a.m.
• Menlo Park – 11:46 – a.m.
• Kean University – 11:48 a.m.
• University Hospital – 11:48 a.m.
• Expo Center – 11:49 a.m.
• Bern County College/Paramus – 11:51 a.m.
• Vets Haven North – 12:01 p.m.
• New Jersey Department of Military and Veterans Affairs – 12:07 p.m.
• Jefferson Cherry Hill Hospital – 12:13 p.m
• Vineland Veterans Home – 12:20 p.m.
• U.S. Coast Guard Training Center – 12:27 p.m.
• Atlantic City Convention Center – 12:32 p.m.
Listed times may vary slightly.
"Never underestimate the value of a morale boost when in combat. I want to thank the NJ Air Guard for its patriotic gesture and flyover in support of our first responder cohorts as we continue to battle COVID-19," said Brig. Gen. Jemal Beale, Commander of the New Jersey National Guard and Commissioner of the New Jersey Department of Military and Veterans Affairs. “Jersey Strong!"