CLICK HERE TO FIND YOUR MASS TODAY.
Bishop O’Connell will celebrate liturgies for Holy Week and Easter via live video stream that will transmit on the Diocese’s youtube channel. In addition to the Bishop’s schedule, several dozen parishes in the Diocese will also livestream their Masses and liturgies on their local websites. A list of parishes that have announced their livestream schedules is available click here.
At a time when all churches in the Diocese of Trenton are closed to Mass-goers because of coronavirus restrictions, Catholics are invited to commemorate Palm Sunday and the arrival of Holy Week April 5 as a virtual experience via video livestreaming.
All Masses and services throughout this most solemn week of the Church year will be conducted without a congregation, as instructed by Bishop David M. O’Connell, C.M.; the faithful are encouraged to participate reverently as families from their homes for Palm Sunday, Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Holy Saturday and Easter Sunday. Additional restrictions and adaptations to preserve the health of the public are in place during this special week, and include:
- Palms will not be blessed and distributed in any churches of the Diocese on Palm Sunday because of the risk of contagion. Palms will be blessed and made available at a later time yet to be determined.
- The Chrism Mass, traditionally celebrated on the Monday of Holy Week in the Diocese during which the oils used by the parishes throughout the year for conferral of Sacraments are consecrated by the Bishop, has been postponed.
- The individuals who were preparing for full Communion in the Church during the Easter Vigil will receive their sacraments at a later date due to the coronavirus restrictions.
- Holy Communion can only be distributed to the faithful as Viaticum for the dying until further notice.
Bishop O’Connell will celebrate liturgies for Holy Week and Easter via live video stream that will transmit on the Diocese’s youtube channel. In addition to the Bishop’s schedule, several dozen parishes in the Diocese will also livestream their Masses and liturgies on their local websites. A list of parishes that have announced their livestream schedules is available here.
The schedule for Bishop O’Connell’s livestreamed events appears below (All Masses are celebrated without a congregation.):
- Mass for Palm Sunday of the Passion of the Lord – April 5 at 11:30 a.m.
- Holy Thursday/Mass of the Lord’s Supper – April 9 at 7 p.m.
- Good Friday/The Commemoration/Celebration of the Lord’s Passion – April 10, 3 p.m.
- Holy Saturday/The Easter Vigil – April 11, 7 p.m.
The faithful may also view a video originally recorded for national television in 2017 of Easter Sunday Mass of the Resurrection of the Lord, celebrated by Bishop O’Connell in St. Catharine Church, Spring Lake. The video may be accessed at any time on youtube.com/trentondiocese.
Monmouth County Masses:
• St. Anthony of Padua, Red Bank, 4 p.m. Mass on Saturday and 5 p.m. Misa en español el sábado. Stations of the Cross streamed on Fridays at 7 p.m. Bilingual daily Masses 8 a.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday: www.stanthonysofredbank.net.
Holy Week liturgies: April 9, Holy Thursday Mass of the Lord’s Supper at 7 p.m. (bilingual); April 10, Good Friday Service of the Lord’s Passion at 3 p.m., Stations of the Cross at 7 p.m. (English), and 7:45 (Spanish); April 11, Holy Saturday, Easter Vigil at 7 p.m. (English); April 12, Easter Sunday Mass at 10 a.m. (English) and noon (Spanish).
• Nativity Parish, Fair Haven, Monday – Saturday, 8 a.m., followed by Eucharistic Adoration until noon each day at video.nest.com/live/1Iw5QKCrC9. Sundays 9:30 a.m. Mass
• Our Lady of Fatima, Keyport, Facebook group, Saturday 4 p.m. in English; Sunday 9 a.m. in English, Domingo a las 10:30 a.m. en español, Wednesday 6:30 p.m. bilingual exposition of Blessed Sacrament; Palm Sunday, Saturday 4:00pm English, Sunday 9:00am English, 10:30am Spanish; Holy Wednesday 6:30pm Exposition of Blessed Sacrament bilingual; Holy Thursday 7:00pm Bilingual Mass; Good Friday 10:00am bilingual Stations of the Cross, 3:00pm English, 6:30pm Spanish; 7:45pm Holy Sepulcher and Lady of Sorrow prayer service; Holy Saturday 9:00am Bilingual morning prayer; 7:00pm Bilingual Easter Vigil; Easter Sunday 9:00am English, 10:30am Spanish
• Christ the King, Long Branch, Sunday Masses: 9 a.m. (portugues); 10:30 a.m. (English); 12 p.m. (español) on Youtube channel
• St. Rose Parish, Belmar www.strosebelmar.com/srb Saturdays 5 p.m.; Sundays 11:30 a.m. and daily Mass Monday - Friday 9 a.m.
• St. Catharine Parish, Holmdel, will livestream Holy Week liturgies on the parish website, stcatharine.net. The schedule is: Palm Sunday, April 5, 11 a.m. Mass; Holy Thursday Mass of the Lord's Supper, 7:30 p.m.; Good Friday Commemoration of the Lord's Passion, 3 p.m.; Holy Saturday Easter Vigil, 7 p.m.; Easter Sunday Mass, 11 a.m.
• St. Gabriel Parish, Marlboro, Stations of the Cross April 3 at 7 p.m.; Palm Sunday, April 5, 11 a.m. (Palms will be distributed at a later date); Tuesday of Holy Week, April 7, 10 a.m. Mass; Holy Thursday Mass of the Lord's Supper, April 9, 4 p.m.; Good Friday Liturgy of the Passion, April 10, 2 p.m.; Holy Saturday Easter Vigil, April 11, 4 p.m.; Easter Sunday Mass, April 12, 11 a.m. Livestreams on parish Facebook
• St. James, Red Bank, April 5 – 11 a.m. Palm Sunday Mass; April 9 – 7 p.m. Mass of the Lord’s Supper; April 10 – 3 p.m. Lord’s Passion, 6p.m. Stations of the Cross; April 11 – 7 p.m. Easter Vigil; April 12 – 11 a.m. Easter Sunday Mass on website.
Other sites to view the live streams include: