SHORT HILLS, NJ - On Sunday, May 31, 2020, Community Congregational Church in Short Hills will be among the first houses of worship in the area to host worship outdoors. This is in response to Gov. Phil Murphy’s phased reopening plan, announced May 23, allowing for gatherings of up to 25 people. The church will hold its usual 10:30am Sunday morning Worship outside with socially distanced seating for 20 attendees and in full compliance with guidelines from the CDC and governor. Worship will also be broadcast live on Facebook at that time. This will be the church’s first in-person service since early March, when the governor joined others around the country in shutting down gatherings to curb the spread of COVID-19. To reserve one of the 20 available spots or for more information, please visit https://www.communitychurch.org/worship.
For the safety of our staff and attendees, church leaders have developed the following guidelines for attendees:
• Those with symptoms of illness (fevers, aches, cough, sneezing) are asked to stay home
• Masks are required
• Attendees are asked to observe social-distancing guidelines while onsite
• Advance registration is required by signing up here. Registration will close on Saturday at 12 noon. Up to 20 registrants may attend.
• Comfortable, weather-appropriate attire is encouraged
• Service will take place in the parking lot behind the church
• Restrooms will not be available
• Childcare will not be available
• Seating will be arranged with eight (8) feet of separation; couples, families or groups that arrive together may sit closer together.
Community Congregational Church is located at 200 Hartshorn Drive in Short Hills, and is an inclusive church community, where everyone who wishes to follow Jesus is welcome, where worship is a multimedia experience of Bible-based messages and engaging music, where our children’s ministry is fun and faith-building…and where we’re excited to welcome you! Visit www.CommunityChurch.org for more information.