MILLBURN, NJ - The Millburn Township Board of Education is scheduled to meet on Monday, January 23 at 7:45 pm for a regular meeting. Members of the public are welcome and encouraged to attend this meeting and use the time for public discussion to share your thoughts with the board members. Please see the rules of participation in the public comment session under Section L of the published agenda published below.
* * A G E N D A * *
Millburn Township Board of Education
Monday, January 23, 2017
7:45 PM – EDUCATION CENTER
A. CALL TO ORDER
B. SILENT COUNT OF BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT
C. ANNOUNCEMENT OF MEETING NOTICE
1. Minutes of the Regular Meeting of January 9, 2017
2. Minutes of the Closed Meeting of January 9, 2017
1. High School Word Magazine recognition
2. 2017-2018 Budget
F. COMMITTEE REPORTS
1. Finance Committee Meeting Report
2. Health & Wellness Committee Meeting Report
3. Program Committee Meeting Report
4. Legal Committee Meeting Report
5. HS Student Liaison Committee Meeting Report
G. BOARD PRESIDENT REPORT
H. SUPERINTENDENT’S REPORT
1. Referendum Update
I. ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT’S REPORT
J. SCHOOL BUSINESS ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORT
L. PUBLIC COMMENTS
For members of the Millburn School District community who may be joining a Meeting for the first time or would like to provide comments tonight, we’re sharing the Board Policy pertaining to public comments. Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts as per the District’s Policy!
0167 - Public Participation in Board Meetings
The Board of Education recognizes the value of public comment on educational issues and the importance of allowing members of the public to express themselves on school matters of community interest. In order to permit the fair and orderly expression of such comment, the Board shall provide for two periods of public comments at every regularly scheduled meeting of the Board, the length of each period to be determined by the Board. Public participation shall be governed by the following rules:
1. A participant must be recognized by the presiding officer and must preface comments by an announcement of his or her name, place of residence, and group affiliation, if appropriate.
2. Each statement made by a participant shall be limited to a reasonable time as determined by the
3. No participant may speak more than once on the same topic until all others who wish to speak on that topic have been heard.
4. All statements shall be directed to the presiding officer; no participant may address or question Board members individually.
5. The presiding officer may (a) Interrupt, warn, or terminate a participant's statement when the statement is too lengthy, personally directed, abusive, obscene, or irrelevant to the district; (b) Request any individual to leave the meeting when that person does not observe reasonable decorum; (c) Request the assistance of law enforcement officers in the removal of a disorderly person when that person's conduct interferes with the orderly progress of the meeting; (d) Call for a recess or an adjournment to another time when the lack of public decorum so interferes with the orderly conduct of the meeting as to warrant such action; and waive these rules when necessary for the protection of privacy or the efficient administration of the Board's business.
M. BOARD ACTION ITEMS (Roll Call Votes)
1. Instruction Agenda Items
a. Resolve to affirm the administration's determinations concerning the HIB investigations for the period 12/2/16 to 1/12/17 as outlined in the confidential report shared with Board of Education members and on file in the Superintendent's office.
b. Resolve to approve Professional Development Requests / Teacher Conferences as per policies 3440 and 4440 requiring prior approval of travel reimbursement expenses.
2. Personnel Agenda Items
Resolve to approve the Personnel Report dated, January 23, 2017.
3. Business Agenda Items
a. Resolve to approve budget transfers for the month of December 2016.
b. Resolve to approve Treasurer of School Moneys report for period ending December 31, 2016.
c. Approval and Certification of Board Secretary's Report for period ending, December 31, 2016.
d. Resolve to approve Bill Schedule #8 dated, 1/23/17, in the amount of $9,627,961.29.
e. Resolve to approve Professional Development Requests for Board Members as per policies 3440 and 4440 requiring prior approval of travel reimbursement expenses.
f. Resolve to approve a Declaration of Obsolescence of technology
equipment as per the attached list “A” and List “B.”
g. Resolve to approve items on List “A” to be recycled by Urban Renewal at no cost to the District; Be it further resolved, that the Millburn Township Board of Education approves the disposal of the technology equipment listed in “B”, either by
sealed bid or by auction pursuant to N.J.S.A. 18A:18A-45.
N. OLD BUSINESS
O. NEW BUSINESS
P. PUBLIC COMMENTS
Q. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS
R. EXECUTIVE SESSION