MILLBURN TOWNSHIP PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Millburn, New Jersey
* * A G E N D A * *
Millburn Township Board of Education
Monday, March 27, 2017
7:45 PM – EDUCATION CENTER
A. CALL TO ORDER
B. SILENT COUNT OF BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT
C. ANNOUNCEMENT OF MEETING NOTICE
On January 1, 2017, a notice of this meeting was transmitted to the Board of Education and a copy of the notice was posted at the Education Center bulletin board. Copies were also transmitted to the Millburn-Short Hills Item, the Star-Ledger, the Millburn-Short Hills Independent Press, TAP-Millburn Short Hills, TV-36, the Township Clerk and members of the
Township Committee, the Presidents of the PTO and Civic Associations, and the Public Library.
1. Minutes of the Regular Public Meeting of March 13, 2017
1. Washington School Update
F. BOARD PRESIDENT’S REPORT
G. BOARD COMMITTEE REPORTS
1. Finance Committee Report
2. Property Committee Report
3. Health & Wellness Committee Report
4. Board/Staff Committee Report
H. SUPERINTENDENT’S REPORT
1. Referendum Update
I. ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT’S REPORT
J. SCHOOL BUSINESS ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORT
L. PUBLIC COMMENTS
For members of the Millburn School District community who may be joining a Meeting for the first time or would like to provide comments tonight, we’re sharing the Board Policy pertaining to public comments. Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts as per the District’s Policy!
0167 - Public Participation in Board Meetings
The Board of Education recognizes the value of public comment on educational issues and the importance of allowing members of the public to express themselves on school matters of community interest. In order to permit the fair and orderly expression of such comment, the Board shall provide for two periods of public comments at every regularly scheduled meeting of the Board, the length of each period to be
determined by the Board.
Public participation shall be governed by the following rules:
1. A participant must be recognized by the presiding officer and must preface comments by an announcement of his or her name, place of residence, and group affiliation, if appropriate.
2. Each statement made by a participant shall be limited to a reasonable time as determined by the presiding officer.
3. No participant may speak more than once on the same topic until all others who wish to speak on that topic have been heard.
4. All statements shall be directed to the presiding officer; no participant may address or question Board members individually.
5. The presiding officer may (a) Interrupt, warn, or terminate a participant's statement when the statement is too lengthy, personally directed, abusive, obscene, or irrelevant to the district; (b) Request any individual to leave the meeting when that person does not observe reasonable decorum; (c) Request the assistance of law enforcement officers in the removal of a disorderly person when that person's conduct interferes with the orderly progress of the meeting; (d) Call for a recess or an adjournment to another time when the lack of public decorum so interferes with the orderly conduct of the meeting as to warrant such action; and waive these rules when necessary for
the protection of privacy or the efficient administration of the Board's business.
M. BOARD ACTION ITEMS (Roll Call Votes)
1. Instruction Agenda Items
a. Resolve to affirm the administration's determinations concerning the HIB investigations for the period 3/3/17 to 3/16/17 as outlined in the confidential report shared with Board of Education members and on file in the Superintendent's office.
b. Resolve to approve Professional Development Requests / Teacher Conferences as per policies 3440 and 4440 requiring prior approval of travel reimbursement expenses.
2. Personnel Agenda Items
Resolve to approve the Personnel Report dated, March 27, 2017.
3. Business Agenda Items
a. Resolve to approve budget transfers for the month of February 2017.
b. Resolve to approve Treasurer of School Moneys report for period ending February 28, 2017.
c. Approval and Certification of Board Secretary's Report for period ending, February 28, 2017.
d. Resolve to approve Bill Schedule # 10, dated March 27, 2017, in the amount of $12,200,842.09.
e. Resolve to approve the transportation contract with Essex County Education Services Commission, in the amount of $22,070.58, for the SY 2016-2017.
f. Resolve to approve to continue membership in the Pooled Insurance Program of New Jersey for the period July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2020.
h. Resolve to approve the following lease with Atlantic Tomorrow’s Office: One Savin 6054 SP Digital Copier, in the amount of $214.00 per month, for a term of 60 months, effective April 1, 2017 to be located at Hartshorn Elementary School.
4. Policy Agenda Items
a. P 1510 Americans with Disabilities Act (M) (Revised)
b. P 2415.30 Title I - Educational Stability for Children in Foster Care (M) (New)
c. P 2418 Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 -- Students (M) (New)
d. R 2418 Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 -- Students (M) (New)
e. P 5116 Education of Homeless Children (Revised)
f. R 5116 Education of Homeless Children (Revised)
g. P 8330 Student Records (M) (Revised) As Amended
h. R 8330 Student Records (M) (Revised) As Amended
i. P 2460 Special Education (Revised)
j. P 2467 Surrogate Parents and Foster Parents (Revised)
k. R 2460 Special Education (Revised)
l. R 2460.1 Special Education - Location, Identification, and Referral (Revised)
m. R 2460.8 Special Education - Free and Appropriate Public Education (Revised)
n. R 2460.9 Special Education - Transition From Early Intervention Programs to Preschool Programs (Revised)
o. R2460.15 Special Education - In-Service Training Needs for
Professional and Paraprofessional Staff (New)
p. R 2460.16 Special Education - Instructional Material to Blind
N. OLD BUSINESS
O. NEW BUSINESS
P. PUBLIC COMMENTS
Q. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS
R. EXECUTIVE SESSION
BE IT RESOLVED by the Millburn Board of Education that on Monday, , 2016, during the regular public meeting on that date, this body shall meet at the Education Center, 434 Millburn Avenue, Millburn, New Jersey, for a discussion pursuant to
Section 7b of the Open Public Meetings Act. A general description of the matters to be discussed is as follows:
Executive Session continued:
1. Personnel Matter
The discussion on these topics will be disclosed to the public at the next public meeting of the Board or as soon thereafter as the circumstances and nature of the subjects permit.