MILLBURN, NJ - In our efforts to maintain open lines of communication, we want to give you a mid-summer update on the status of the referendum construction projects underway at Glenwood School.
- Air Conditioning
- During the 2017-2018 school year, the electrical system at Glenwood will be upgraded, with air conditioning units installed in the spring. We anticipate completion by May 1, 2018.
- Renovations of Phase I restrooms are on schedule. (Phase I includes restrooms considered as top priority by the architects.)
- There are currently 2 restrooms under review for additional renovation. If change orders are approved, these two restrooms may still be under construction at the start of school, and will not be available for use by students and staff.
- Innovative Space
- Phase I: a former 5th grade classroom is being converted to the a create & design space with storage, supplies and equipment.
- Phase II – Summer 2018: the current Media Center will be connected to the 5th grade room to add the research/presentation space to the area designated for creating and design.
- Communication System Upgrade:
- All systems will be upgraded and implemented during school year 2017-2018.
- Burglar & Fire Alarm Upgrades
- This project will start in the winter of 2018 for completion by the end of that school year.
Dr. Burton recently gave a presentation to the Board of Education on the status of projects around the district. You can see that and additional updates on the Referendum Project Central website.
We are looking forward to an exciting year at Glenwood School – these projects, and those on the horizon, will only enhance what is already a great place for teaching and learning!