MILLBURN, NJ - A Nor'easter will impact the Township of Millburn Sunday night into Tuesday. This storm will bring strong winds with the potential to down trees and power lines. There is also the possibility of localized flooding, especially in poor drainage areas with 1"-3" of rain forecasted. The Township of Millburn and its office of Emergency Management will monitor the impact of the storm and provide updates if necessary.
A few important things to remember during severe weather:
- Do not approach downed wires. Always assume that downed wires are energized and dangerous. If you see downed wires please call JCP&L at 888-544-4877
- If you experience a power outage, please report your outage to JCP&L using one of the following methods.
• Text OUT to 544487...
• Online at www.jcp-l.com
• Use their smartphone app (iPhone and Android)
• Via the "Report an Outage" tab here on Facebook (http://statictab.com/h8vmadi from a mobile device)
• Call 888-LIGHTSS (888-544-4877)
- Do not drive through flooded roadways. The water may be deeper than you think and just 12" inches of swift moving water can move a vehicle.
- OBEY all detours put in place due to flooding or downed trees and/or wires. These detours are for the safety of our residents and first responders.