MILLBURN, NJ - The following is a candidate statement from Ted Bourke.
Ian and I have served the community, believe we have made the town better, and have concrete ideas for Millburn’s future.
It can be tough to be incumbents - we have a track record which opens you up to criticism. Throughout this campaign, we have taken the high road - simply trying to get the true facts about many topics out there.
Meanwhile, our opponents have taken every shot they could about our record - especially Complete Streets. So sometimes, you must respond. They have miscommunicated, misled, and spewed inaccuracies on every topic - our taxes, our debt, flood plans and extensively on Complete Streets.
We have an amazing town. We have outstanding residents. I believe in our residents.
1. I believe that our residents will see through the rhetoric.
2. I believe our residents will realize that our opponents have offered no true platform - unless criticism and negativity is a platform.
3. I believe our residents will realize they have offered no concrete alternatives on any topic.
4. I believe our residents will connect the dots on the timing of the lawsuit, and the close connections between our opponents and the owner of the company that filed it.
5. I believe our residents will recognize that Complete Streets was born from their concerns for pedestrian safety, traffic congestion and speeding.
6. I hope our residents recognize that Ian and I have been volunteering in this town for many years - way beyond the Township Committee.
7. I hope our residents believe that we have served them well, and we would love the opportunity to continue doing so.
8. I believe our residents understand that there is more to leading a town than just a big project that's in construction.
We have the experience and the track record. We have the courage to make well planned, tough decisions ……. And be POSITIVE about it.