MILLBURN, NJ — Later this month, Millburn residents can enjoy a week of fun, family-friendly films that will help a number of great local organizations. In order to help raise the money for those organizations, Millburn Township is hosting a five night drive-in movie fundraiser event.
The movies will take place from June 25 through June 29 in the Millburn High School Parking Lot. The schedule is as follows:
- Thursday, June 25: The Karate Kid
- Friday, June 26: A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
- Saturday, June 27: The Goonies
- Sunday, June 28: Aladdin (2019)
- Monday, June 29: Honey I Shrunk the Kids
All movies start at 8:30 p.m. each night. The lot will open to cars at 7:45 p.m. Residents coming to the movies are advised to arrive by 8:15 p.m. at the latest. The organizations that will be helped by the fundraiser are Down the Block, MEND (Essex County Hunger Relief Network), the Millburn Education Foundation and the Millburn-Short Hills First Aid Squad
Tickets are $25, but residents will have the opportunity to donate additional money to local nonprofits, which will be donated long with all net proceeds.
In order to register for the event, residents can click on register.communitypass.net/millburn, register for an account if they do not yet have one, click “Browse Activities,” then “Township of Millburn Activities 2020” and hit "Continue" to register.
The township has also posted a list of rules and notices to follow, which can be found below.
- Limited space available
- Movies are subject to change due to licensing terms
- Only ONE car allowed per registration. You must attend event in registered vehicle. Only one family registration allowed at this time (cannot register for multiple nights)
- Check back here for updates and additional information
Rules To Follow:
- Remain inside your vehicle
- Bring your own food and drinks
- Remember to be silent during the movie
- Please comply with Executive Order No. 142 (PDF)
- No bathrooms will be available
(Know before you go!)
- Don’t forget to register
- And most importantly, HAVE FUN!