MILLBURN, NJ — Starting today, July 6, the following Township locations and facilities will reopen to the public with certain restrictions and guidelines in place:
The following municipal building openings will occur today:
- The Township Municipal Building
- The Township Police Department Building
- The Township Public Works Office
- The Millburn Township Free Public Library is re-opening to a limited capacity with additional distancing guidelines. Please visit the library website at millburnlibrary.org for further information on its reopening plan.
- Taylor Park and Gero Park playgrounds and basketballs courts, and the roller hockey court at Gero Park will open with a modified schedule as per playground camp CDC and NJ Health Department guidelines. Visit twp.millburn.nj.us/recreation for more information.
- The Township pool, tennis courts and golf course remain open.
While the post from the township noted that officials are ready to welcome residents back in the buildings and other facilities, there are a number of conditions which need to be met, including face coverings and masks being work inside buildings, maintaining social distancing while inside the buildings and staying home if you do not feel well.
In addition, the township has announced other requests that it will look for residents to follow to prevent the resurgence of the pandemic:
- Please respect and follow all signage that is posted. In particular, there are some areas that are now designated as “Employee Only.” This is to limit traffic in tight spaces throughout the building. If you need someone, just ask and they will come out to meet with you.
- When possible, please make an appointment to see a staff member by calling 973-564-7000.