MILLBURN, NJ — Yesterday afternoon, Millburn Township began the new phase of its COVID-19 updates, drawing back from a thrice-weekly call and email update to an email each Tuesday, and a phone call on the SwiftReach Emergency system every Friday at around 4:00 p.m.
The update also went over information people needed to know, including;
- There are currently 128 confirmed residents with COVID-19 in Millburn Township. This number includes the approximately 66% of our residents that have recovered. Essex County is reporting 15,826 residents having tested positive for COVID-19.
- The “Virtual Millburn Library” is open. Borrow an e-book. Stream a movie or a series through Hoopla or R.B. Digital. Take a course with Universal Class or The Great Courses. Learn a new language with Mango or Rosetta Stone. Attend an online program. Right now all libraries in New Jersey are closed under the governor’s order but the virtual library is open. Millburn Library staff are online and able to help. Go to www.millburnlibrary.org , call (973) 376-1006 or text (973) 988-4228 to learn more.
- Township parks are open for passive recreation. The Township’s Par 3 is open and members can enjoy the Township’s tennis courts too. Please visit the Township’s recreation page for more information on signing up. https://twp.millburn.nj.us/259/Pool-Golf-Tennis-and-Pickleball
- County Parks are open, however those visiting Essex County parks and golf courses are required to wear face coverings.
- Many Millburn businesses are open for curbside, delivery services or with an online presence. Be sure to shop all your favorite stores in town. Support local now. Here is more information on the business community. business openings and offerings and more info on the Township’s website at https://bit.ly/2WTvwmI