Essex County, NJ — Essex County is continuing its schedule of Coronavirus testing sites. The tests are being offered to Essex County residents free of charge. To make an appointment, please visit www.EssexCovid.org or call 973-877-8456.
Upcoming testing locations are as follows:
- Monday, September 14, 4 to 6 p.m., Our Lady of Sorrows Church, 217 Prospect Street, South Orange
- Tuesday, September 15, 4 to 6 p.m., American Little League Field, Reinheimer Park, 40 Bloomfield Ave., Nutley
- Thursday, September 17, 4 to 6 p.m., Essex County Airport, 27 Wright Way, Building M, Fairfield
- Friday, September 18, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Essex County Weequahic Park, Meeker Avenue entrance, Newark (Walk up appointments are available at this location.)
- Additional dates will be announced.
Essex County residents with or without symptoms are encouraged to get tested. Residents age 13 and older are welcome to get tested. Residents are encouraged to get retested if they have taken the swab or saliva tests 14 days ago or more and have received negative test results. Testing is provided free of charge; health insurance is not required.
To make an appointment, residents should visit www.EssexCOVID.org or call 973-877-8456. They will be required to complete a short questionnaire. When finished, they will be provided with an appointment time and a confirmation number. Residents should bring the confirmation number with them. They are asked to arrive 15 minutes before their scheduled appointment. Residents taking the COVID-19 saliva test should not eat, drink, smoke or chew gum 30 minutes prior to arrival.
TAPinto SOMA is a free online newspaper serving the Townships of Maplewood and South Orange Village with no paywall. TAPinto SOMA is accredited by the New Jersey Press Association, and is a locally owned news organization serving the community.