MILLBURN, NJ - As part of the township committee's plans for Millburn, two new committees were introduced as part of the resolution section at Tuesday's meeting.
The Cultural Diversity and Arts Advisory Committee (CDAAC) will exist to help local cultural organizations in highlighting programs that recognize and showcase the diversity, culture and art in Millburn Township.
According to the resultion read at the meeting, Millburn is "a community composed of people with a wide variety of faiths, philosophies and backgrounds and can become stronger, more cohesive and and more interesting by embracing its diversity."
The committee will look to carry out its mission by sharing the rich background of the community and acting as a resource for diversity needs in Millburn. It will also assist local organizations with programs that showcase local diversity. The CDAAC will also assist with requests for visual art placement in town.
The CDAAC will meet quarterly throughout the year, with an annual written report being submitted to the township committee by the chairperson, who will be selected from among the members.
The initial members of the CDAAC board include:
- Township Committee members Jackie Lieberberg (Deputy Mayor) and Cheryl Burstien
- Millburn Board of Education Member Louie Shen and john Westfall-Kwong
- Millburn residents Dr. Roy You, Subadhra Sridharan, John Gomez, Maggie Miggens Christine Lassiter and Dean Shulman
- Millburn High School Guidance Counselor Meghan Garland and
- A representative from the Paper Mill Playhouse
The other organization is a committee known as the Pedestrian And Circulation Traffic Safety Ad Hoc Committee (PACTS). As stated in the agenda, PACTS will act in an advisory role to meet and provide suggestions to the Millburn Township Committee. It was created at the behest of Mayor Diane Thall-Eglow.
The organization will hold monthly meetings and provide the municipal clerk with reports that lay out their investigations.
Mayor Thall-Eglow will serve as the chair for PACTS and will designate another member of the committee to serve as deputy chair in the event she can not attend. Other members on the committee include:
- Township Committeewoman Jackie Lieberberg (Deputy Mayor)
- Business Administrator Alexander McDonald
- Assistant Township Engineer Christine Bugel
- Planning Board member Gaston Haupert
- Millburn residents Merrilly Riesebeck, Rich Keller, Michelle Retik
- Millburn property owner Andrew Morgan and property manager Bobby Engel
- As needed, Police Chief Brian Gilfedder, Fire Chief Robert Echavarria, DPW Director John Bace, Township Planner Paul Phillips and a traffic consultant will also attend
The next Millburn Township Committee meeting will be held on Tuesday, Feb 19 at 7:30 p.m.