MILLBURN, NJ — As coronavirus cases continues to be discovered across the state and the local region, Millburn Township continues to put forth additional measures to slow the spread of the virus.
Yesterday evening, another set of closures and an announcement from the police department marked the latest steps from the township to that end.
On the township end of things, multiple municipal buildings are now closed to the public, a measure that went into effect yesterday evening.
The following public buildings are now closed to the public :
- Town Hall
- Public Works Office
- Fire Department
- Gero Park Recreation Building
- Taylor Park Recreation Building
In order to avoid having to go to municipal buildings in town, the township has released an online list of remote services, which can be found here.
Additionally, Millburn's Police Department has now instituted a new set of policies aimed at keeping officers healthy during the viral outbreak. They are as follows:
- The police building is closed to the public; unless it is an emergency, do not come to headquarters.
- If residents have an emergency, they can call 9-1-1.
- Police will be taking all non-emergency reports over the phone. If residents need to report a minor issue (fraud, identity theft, loss of a license etc.) they may do so by calling Dispatch at 973-564-7001. A dispatcher will take their information and an officer will return their call as soon as possible.
- Police will not be processing any firearms paperwork during this time.
- Records is closed. Those who need an accident report or incident report, can contact the record bureau at 973-564-7013. Reports will be emailed or faxed.
- Pay any violations or fines to the court online or by mail (information on how to do this is on the back of all summonses or available at www.njmc-direct.com). Please contact the court at 973-564-7066.
- From police; If an officer responds to your home or you have any contact with an officer, please let us know in advance if you are ill or have been told to self-quarantine.