What are the parts of the respiratory system of the horse? What does TPR stand for? What is an overo coat pattern? These are the types of questions ask of 4-H members that competed at the New Jersey 4-H Horse Bowl Competition on Feb. 24 in Burlington County.
The team of Maddie Crisp, Brittany Smith, Rachel Vence and Alexis Grogan came out on top in the senior division. Somerset’s Anthony Leone was the high point individual.
A combined team of Annabella Sefa, Amanda Schwegler, from Middlesex and Abbey Schneider and Blake Garber, Burlington won the junior competition. For the second year in a row, Christina Piparo of Hunterdon County was the high point individual.
The New Jersey 4-H Equine Arts Show was held in conjunction with the Horse Bowl contest. Best in show went to Samantha Passalaqua of Atlantic County.
Champions in the senior photography division were by Mollie Zimm, Hunterdon and Hannah Bonaventure, and reserves went to Leigha Giranda of Somerset. In the junior photography division, Emma Jackson, of Hunterdon claimed both champion and reserve.
In the art division, senior champion and reserve was Brittany Smith, of Warren; Samantha Passalaqua of Atlantic was champion and Ella Kuchta, of Ocean County, was reserve.
2018 Horse Bowl Results
- Warren-A — Maddie Crisp, Brittany Smith, Rachel Vence, Alexis Grogan
- Somerset — Shay Fleming; Kara Johnson; Leigha Giranda; Anthony Leone
- Atlantic — Caroline Rockhill, Mackenzie Esposito, Amanda Sisco, Gwen Moran
- Ocean/Sussex — Abigail Schiattarella. Ashley Erickson, Ocean, Justine Patnode, Sussex
High Point Individuals
- Anthony Leone, Somerset
- Rachel Vence, Warren
- Shay Fleming, Somerset
- Caroline Rockhill, Atlantic
- Maddie Crisp, Warren
- Erin Drake, Middlesex
- Ashley Erickson, Ocean
- Mackenzie Esposito, Atlantic
- Kara Johnson, Somerset
- Morgan Puglisi, Burlington
- Middlesex/Burlington — Annabella Sefa, Amanda Schwegler, Middlesex; Abbey Schneider, Blake Garber, Burlington
- Ocean B/Warren — Liana Trebour, Alex Morgan, Nora Hansen, Ocean; Alissa Monetti, Warren
- Hunterdon A — Christina Piparo, Mackenzie Snyder, Emma Jackson, Megan Connolly
- Atlantic — Samantha Ingerson, Bailey Passalaqua, Samantha Passalaqua
High Point Individual
- Christina Piparo, Hunterdon
- 2. Abbey Schneider, Burlington
- Samantha Ingerson, Atlantic
- Alexa Cook, Hunterdon
- Kazzandra Higgins, Sussex
- Alissa Monetti, Warren
- 7. Liana Trebour, Ocean
- Alexa Hoelterling, Ocean
- Camryn Downey, Sussex
- Jacqueline Tanzi, Monmouth
To learn more about the New Jersey 4-H Program see www.nj4h.rutgers.edu
See more Equestrian news at www.TAPintoHorses.net
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TAPintoHorses/
Sign Up for E-News to get top stories delivered daily to your inbox.