SPOTSWOOD, NJ - With the kids settled back into their school routine, the Spotswood Public Library is serving up a whole host of fall activities for everyone from little ones to adults as summer's warmth slowly turns to a cornucopia of autumn colors.
The library offers three different story time programs, including:
- Baby and Toddler Story Time - This program is for children ages six months through 35 months. The 20 to 30 minute session features books, music, rhymes and finger plays. It meets on Thursdays at 10:30 a.m., beginning on September 28 and lasting for eight weeks. A parent or caregiver joins the child for the program and is encouraged to participate along with the children.
- Preschool Story Time - This program is for children ages three through five. It focuses on encouraging developing reading skills through books, music, rhymes and crafts. Preschool Story Time meets on Wednesdays at 2 p.m., beginning on October 4 and lasting for eight weeks. Parents and caregivers must remain in the library during the session.
- Something Cool After School - This program is geared towards kindergarten through second grade kids and brings together books, music, crafts and more. It meets on Wednesdays at 3:30 p.m. beginning on Wednesday, October 4 and lasts for eight weeks.
Registration is required for all story time programs and can be done online at the Spotswood Public Library's website or by telephoning the library at 732-251-1515.
The library also has programs on tap for tweens (kids in grades three through five). On the third Monday of each month, tweens can enjoy creating a seasonal craft at Tween Make & Take Mondays at 3:30 p.m. The first session will meet on Monday, September 18.
Techy tweens can stop by Tween Tech This Out on Thursday, September 21 at 3:30 p.m. There will be tech talk and cool technology-oriented crafts in this 30 minute program.
The library will offer other tween programs throughout the year such as the upcoming Tween Monster Mash on Friday, October 20 at 3:30 p.m.
All tween programs are for children in grades three through five. Registration is required and can be done online on the library's website or by calling 732-251-1515.
If adults are feeling a little left out, the Spotswood Public Library has programs for grownups too, including:
- Adult Craft Night - This crafty group meets on the first Thursday of every month at 6:30 p.m. to create a seasonal project. The October 5 project is a festive fall candle holder. Registration in required.
- Monday Movie Matinees - Free movies are held every Monday afternoon at 1:30 p.m. "My Cousin Rachel" is set to air on September 18 with "The Promise" playing on September 25. The schedule of upcoming movies is available on the library's website. Registration is not required.
Lego lovers will want to get in on the fun with the brand new Lego Club that meets on the second Thursday of each month at 3:30 p.m. The Lego Club is for kids in grades kindergarten through fifth. Registration is required and can be done online for the upcoming October 12 session. The September session did fill up quickly.
The Spotswood Public Library is located at 548 Main Street.