SOMERVILLE, NJ - The Somerville Police Department is accepting resumes for an opening for the position of Police Officer.
Applicants must be N.J. Police Training Commission certified. The starting salary will be dependent upon the provisions of the current labor contract. To be considered for appointment to this position, the applicant must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Is at least 18 years of age.
- Is a citizen of the United States.
- Is a resident of the State of New Jersey at the time of appointment and possesses a valid New Jersey driver's license.
- Is of good health and able to pass a medical examination that satisfies guidelines provided by the N.J. Police Training Commission.
- Is of sound mind and is able to successfully pass psychological testing establishing fitness for duty as a police officer.
- Is able to read, write and speak the English language well and intelligently.
- Is of good moral character and has not been convicted of any criminal offense involving moral turpitude. The applicant will be required to submit to a criminal background check to determine eligibility for employment.
- Is able to successfully pass a comprehensive background investigation.
To apply for this position submit your resume to the attention of Chief Dennis Manning. Resumes will be accepted by mail at 24 South Bridge St. Somerville, NJ 08876; email, email@example.com or in person at Somerville Police Headquarters, 24 South Bridge St.
Those selected to advance to the next step will be contacted by the Somerville Police Department. Do not call police headquarters about this position.
The Borough of Somerville is an Equal Opportunity Employer.