SPOTSWOOD, NJ - It is never too early to make plans for the weekend in New Jersey especially with a long, holiday one on the horizon. As always, there is a lot on tap in the Garden State from airplanes to tomatoes to wine.
- Asbury Park is busy from the boardwalk to downtown. There will be a bonfire on Sept. 4 beginning at 8 p.m. by Anchor's Bend, which is on the north side of Convention Hall. The Stone Pony gets rocking on Saturday, Sept. 5 with Tramps Like Us, a Bruce Springsteen tribute band.
- Head down to the Manasquan Reservoir in Howell on Sept. 4 for historic, guided boat tours from 5:30 p.m. until 6:30 p.m. Tours last for 45-minutes.
- The Jazz it Up Wine Festival will be setting up camp in Allaire State Park in Wall on Saturday, September 5 from noon until 5 p.m. There will be wine, music, food, crafters and children's activities. Tickets for wine tasting are $25.
- Paul's Tavern on Main Street in Lake Como is hosting breakfast bingo on September 6 from noon until 5 p.m. There is bingo, apple pie and prizes.
- If you are looking for a weekend date night, the Chocolate Bar in Manasquan has Fondue Night every Friday and Saturday from 3 p.m. until 8 p.m. Sample chocolate on pretzels, cookies and fruits.
- Plane lovers and history buffs may want to head to the 19th Annual Airfest at the Naval Air Station Wildwood Aviation Museum. The Airfest will be there from September 4 through September 7. Planes will be on display along with vendors, music, food and exhibitors. Tickets are $14 for adults and $10 for kids. Price of admission includes a walk through of the bombers on display.
- Downtown Frenchtown will play host to a Riverfest on Sunday, September 6. Admission is free. There will be children's activites, paper boat races, music, pet show and of course, food. Fireworks in the evening will cap off the day.
- Foodies have a lot to choose from. There is a Tomato Festival in West Cape May on Saturday, September 5 starting at 9 a.m. On September 5 and 6, the Golden Nugget in Atlantic City will have the 5th Annual Bubba Gump Shrimp Fest from noon until 8 p.m. Monmouth Park will have the BBQ and Craft Beer Festival on September 5, 6 and 7. Admission is $3.
Early forecasts are predicting a gorgeous weekend with comfortable humidity. Whether you enjoy a last shore weekend or head to one of the many great events throughout the Garden State, get out and enjoy the unofficial end of summer.