SPOTSWOOD, NJ - For residents looking for fun things during the dog days of summer or planning ahead for fall and dare we say the holiday season, the American Legion Post 253 has an array of exciting bus trips and events on the horizon, including:
- Bus trip to the Atlantic City Air Show on August 23 - only a few seats are left for this trip that costs $25 per person for participants 21 and over and $20 for those under 21. Tropicana slot cash will only be given to folks 21 and over.
- Poker Run & Pig Roast on September 9 - all of the proceeds go to benefit veterans; suggested donation is $20 per person and includes food, entertainment and vendors.
- Atlantic City bus trip to the Tropicana on October 8 - Cost is $25 per person until August 27 and $30 per person after August 27.
- American Legion picnic on October 14 is open to all and includes BBQ, clams, beer, wine, entertainment and lots of family-friendly fun. Cost is $20 per person for picnickers 12 and over in advance. Tickets are $25 at the door.
- Third annual holiday bus trip to NYC on December 10 - tickets are $25 per person. This trip sells out quickly. If you want to see the tree and the holiday decorations in the Big Apple, book early.
- Annual New Year's Eve Gala on December 31 - tickets are $50 per person.
To make reservations for bus trips or to purchase tickets, call or text 732-991-9507.
American Legion Post 253 is located on 50 Devoe Avenue.