MILLTOWN, NJ - The Middlesex County Mosquito Commission will be spraying throughout the borough on Thursday, August 31 from 7 p.m. until midnight.
According to information provided by the Middlesex County Mosquito Commission, the methods being employed to diminish the mosquito population do not pose a health threat to residents. The methods have been approved and recommended by the United States Department of Environmental Protection as well as Rutgers University.
However, it is still recommended that residents take the following precautions:
- Limit time outdoors during the hours of spraying.
- Bring pets inside during spraying hours.
- Bring pet food and water dishes inside.
- Do not leave clothing outside during spraying hours.
- Bring children's toys and bicycles inside.
- Close windows during spraying hours.
- Turn off window fans .
- Turn window air conditioners to non-vent, which will close off the outside air from entering your home.
- Avoid direct contact with sprayed surfaces. It takes approximately one hour for sprayed surfaces to dry completely.
- If eyes or skin do come in contact with spray or wet surfaces, they should be immediately washed and flushed with water.