MILLTOWN, NJ - Parents of six to 12 years olds are invited to attend a free seminar, designed to encourage cooperative parenting while learning better ways to relate to kids and tweens at the Parkview School Media Center. This eight session Systematic Training for Effective Parenting takes place on Tuesday evenings from 6 p.m. until 7:30 p.m., beginning on February 6 and concluding on March 27.
The program will address the following topics:
- increasing the ability to identify goals of misbehavior
- increasing alternatives to misbehavior
- Increasing encouragement and communication skills
- increasing parent/child cooperation skills
- increasing skills in discipline and choosing the ideal parenting approach
- increasing a child's self-esteem and confidence
- decreasing inappropriate parental behavior when disciplining children
To register for the free parenting program, contact Johanna Pagan by telephone at 732-254-3344 Ex. 111 or by email at email@example.com.
Funding for the eight week free parenting seminar was provided by the Milltown Municipal Alliance Committee and the Governor's Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse.
The Parkview School is located on 80 Violet Terrace.