SPOTSWOOD, NJ - As the holiday approaches, Santa is everywhere, which is part of the fun of the season. On Saturday, December 12, Santa will be taking his annual ConRail ride along the freight track that runs from the Browns Yard in Old Bridge and ends in Freehold. The Browns Yard is on Bordentown Avenue.
Santa has been hitching a ride on ConRail for the past 35 years and this is a popular annual tradition with kids and adults. Train enthusiasts really enjoy the seasonal Santa ride on the freight line. The train only physically stops in Freehold at noon and Jamesburg at 3 p.m. The times listed below are estimates. If residents want to see Santa roll through their town on a freight train here's when they should watch the railroad crossings. Please remember to stand at a safe distance from the tracks to watch the Santa Train.
- The train leaves the Old Bridge yard at 10 a.m.
- At approximately 10:05 a.m. through 10:15 a.m., Santa will pass through Spotswood.
- At around 10:15 a.m. through 10:25, he will roll through Helmetta.
- At around 10:35 through 10:45, Santa will be riding through Jamesburg.
- The train will stop at noon in downtown Freehold. Santa will be in Freehold until 2 p.m. where he will hand out gifts and pose for pictures.
- The train will arrive back in Jamesburg at 3 p.m. Santa will stay there until 5 p.m. to attend a special party at the Jamesburg Fire Department.
After the Jamesburg holiday party, Santa will get back on board the ConRail train and head back to the Browns Yard in Old Bridge.