SOUTH BRUNSWICK, NJ – A two-alarm fire Monday afternoon on Stanford Drive started on a stove and was an accident, officials said Tuesday.

Fire broke out in the kitchen of 61 Stanford Drive shortly before noon Monday, and quickly spread out of the rear windows and back of the home, including the second floor, officials said in a press release.

The single female occupant of the home was able to escape the fire, officials said.

Sign Up for E-News

Firefighters arriving on the scene found heavy fire on the backside of the home, going up to the second floor.

Kendall Park Fire Department Chief Robert Cioffi said that initial firefighters entered the residents and quickly found the origin of the blaze and quickly knocked it down.

“When we arrived there was heavy fire pushing out the rear of the residence,” Cioffi said. “Our initial crews made and aggressive attack and were able to get water on the seat of the fire quickly. They did a tremendous job in stopping the spread of the fire.”

According to the release, it took 35 firefighters from Kendall Park, Monmouth Junction, Kingston, Rocky Hill, and Plainsboro fire departments to put out the blaze.

There were no injuries in the fire, but the home was left uninhabitable, officials said.

The home’s residents are staying with family in the area, officials said.

Did you like this story?

Give us your feedback at ckim@tapinto.net or nwells@tapinto.net.

If you did like it, please share with your friends and followers on Facebook and Twitter, and don't forget to "Like" our Facebook Page!