SPOTSWOOD, NJ - The Spotswood High School freshmen orientation is set for Thursday, August 24 from 8:30 a.m. until noon. Students are asked to arrive by 8:15 a.m. so that the orientation may begin on time. If any student cannot make the August 24 orientation, his or her parent should contact the school by telephone at 732-723-2200 ex. 1004 or by email at email@example.com to arrange an alternate time to pick up the student's schedule, receive a tour of the facilities and to have any questions or concerns addressed by SHS staff prior to the first day of classes.
The freshmen orientation has a full agenda that includes:
- A getting-to-know-each-other activity led by the Lead for Diversity Club
- An explanation of schedules
- Locker assignments and combinations
- A presentation by class advisors, Kathryn Rocha and Colleen Meyers
- Information on the handbook and Spotswood High School website
- Review of emergency procedures
- Discussion on bullying/harassment prevention
- Photographs for student identification cards
- Naviance training and registration
The orientation is for students only. A parent orientation for incoming Spotswood High School students was held in the spring. Students can be dropped off at the front of the building and should enter through the main entrance, which is located by the flagpole.
Spotswood School District students head back to school on Thursday, September 7. Teachers and support staff return on September 5 for two days of in-service.
Spotswood High School is located at 105 Summerhill Road.