SPOTSWOOD, NJ - At the annual Opening Convocation for the Spotswood Public Schools, the Spotswood Education Foundation (SEF) presented 14 grant awards to staff members totaling $10,222.00. Grants will be used to enhance current programs and curriculum at the schools of each staff member receiving a grant.
Staff members receiving a grant included:
- Jamie Rothfus – History LIVE
- Janelle Leidy & Kerin Dinger – IXL Online Program for Common Core
- Stacey Vespoli, Debbie Generelli, Barbara Silvers, Jackie Cassidy & Janice Cooper – Roaming Readers
- Kristen Carpenter & Jackie Martinez – Self Critiquing Public Speaking
- Janelle Leidy & Kerin Dinger – PARCC Common Core Mathematics
- Paige Besthoff, Gary Hull & Jeff Michaels – Are We Robots
- Jennifer Nemer – Traveling Artifact Trunks
- Nancy Torchiano – POWS – Problems of the Week
- Joseph Schwartz – 3-D Printer
- Rosemarie Valinotti – It Makes Sensory
- Jessica Wisniewski – Young Scientists
- Jennifer Nemer – New Jersey Hall of Fame Mobile Museum
- Lauren Arellano – Egg-cited about Reading
- Nancy Torchiano and Angela Scuorzo – Let’s Get to the Core
Since 2006, the SEF has awarded 91 grant awards totaling $50,320.80.
The Spotswood Board of Education, administration and staff appreciate all the time and energy the SEF trustees volunteer each year to support the Spotswood Public Schools.