MILLTOWN, NJ - It's 33 days and counting until the borough unveils its annual Fourth of July extravaganza. A full day of events is on tap with a little something for everyone and of course a few surprises along the way. Here's the list and times for Milltown's July 4 fun:
- 6 a.m. - Fishing Derby at Mill Pond by the Milltown Rescue Squad Building
- 7:45 a.m. - One mile Fun Run stars by Gloria Bradford Park right in front of the Senior Center
- 8:10 a.m. - Firecracker 5k kicks off by Gloria Bradford Park in front of the Parkview School
- 10 a.m. - Parade along Main Street
- 11 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. - Family-friendly run in Gloria Bradford Park including Field Day with Rangers AC, Mr. Ray, rides, vendors, music and free hot dogs and soda until supplies run out
- 2 p.m. - Announcement of the Patriotic House, Best Apple Pie and fireworks start button winners
- 2:30 p.m. - Duck Race sponsored by St. Paul's Church at the Main Street bridge (vounteers will be selling ducks along the parade route)
- 7 p.m. until 9:30 p.m. - Music and vendors in Gloria Bradford Park
- 9:30 p.m. - Fireworks in Gloris Bradford Park from Celebrations Fireworks
This year's theme is Bringing People Together and red shirts are the wardrobe of choice for the 2019 parade. Pastor Rich Weyer will serve as the Grand Marshal for the 2019 Milltown Fourth of July Parade, which typically draws a crowd of around 15,000 people. Pastor Rich, as he is known by borough residents, is retiring after 25 years at St. Paul's Church.
Registration is currently open for the Firecracker 5K and Fun Run. Early bird prices are in effect until June 9. Registration can be completed online. Stop by the Milltown Fourth of July Committee's tent in Gloria Bradford Park after the parade to pick up Milltown July 4 merchandise and register for the chance to push the button that starts the 2019 Milltown fireworks display.