SPOTSWOOD, NJ - The Spotswood PTA and Helmetta Mayor Chris Slavicek are launching Virtual Autism Awareness Spirit Week for the April 20 to April 24 week of remote learning. Students in the Spotswood School District are invited to participate for each spirit day and share by posting on the Spotswood NJ PTA's Facebook page, tagging @SpotswoodPTA on Instagram or by emailing their pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org. A daily winner will be chosen randomly to receive a special prize from Mayor Slavicek.
Next week's Virtual Spirit Week days include:
- Monday - Puzzle Piece Day - students should color in the puzzle piece pattern emailed by the Spotswood PTA and send the PTA a picture of the finished piece
- Tuesday - Blow Bubbles 4 Autism Day - Wear an autism awareness tee or red, yellow or blue while getting outside and blowing some bubbles
- Wednesday - Mark Earth Day by doing something positive to help the planet like recycling or planting
- Thursday - Show off favorite sports teams by wearing team jerseys, tees or uniforms
- Friday - Rock your school spirit with school shirts or show support for autism awareness by wearing yellow, red or blue
The Spotswood PTA will be mailing a home-made bubble recipe for Blow Bubbles for Autism Day on April 21 in addition to the puzzle piece pattern.