MILLTOWN, NJ - With a whole day of Independence Day fun on tap for July 4, the Milltown Police Department is reminding residents to expect the following road closures and delays on Thursday:
- Main Street will be closed at 9:30 a.m. between Lincoln Avenue and Ochs Avenue for the annual July 4 parade.
- Parking will not be allowed on Violet Terrace from 7 a.m. until around midnight.
- Bruce Court will have parking restrictions throughout the day. Restrictions will be posted.
- Certain streets in the borough will have no parking rules in effect from 6 a.m. until after the fireworks display. Signs will be posted to alert drivers.
- Road closures and detours may occur during the Firecracker 5K and Fun Run, the parade and the fireworks display.
The Milltown Police Department is advising residents to make any visitors aware ahead of time of parking restrictions. The MPD will tow any illegally parked vehicles in order to allow emergency vehicles access.
The schedule for the Fourth of July festivities in the borough includes:
- 6 a.m. - Fishing Derby at Mill Pond by the Milltown Rescue Squad Building
- 7:45 a.m. - One mile Fun Run stars by Gloria Bradford Park right in front of the Senior Center
- 8:10 a.m. - Firecracker 5k kicks off by Gloria Bradford Park in front of the Parkview School
- 10 a.m. - Parade along Main Street
- 11 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. - Family-friendly run in Gloria Bradford Park including Field Day with Rangers AC, Mr. Ray, rides, vendors, music and free hot dogs and soda until supplies run out
- 2 p.m. - Announcement of the Patriotic House, Best Apple Pie and fireworks start button winners
- 2:30 p.m. - Duck Race sponsored by St. Paul's Church at the Main Street bridge (vounteers will be selling ducks along the parade route)
- 7 p.m. until 9:30 p.m. - Music and vendors in Gloria Bradford Park
- 9:30 p.m. - Fireworks in Gloris Bradford Park from Celebrations Fireworks