HELMETTA, NJ - Helmetta Borough Offices are closed until further notice. The decision was made by Mayor Chris Slavicek and the Borough Council to help New Jersey slow down the spread of the coronavirus impacting the state and nation. Emails and voicemails sent to the Borough Offices will be monitored regularly by Slavicek and his staff. Residents should take note of these additional changes:
- All rentals for the Helmetta Community Centers are canceled through April 12. That date may be reassessed in the future depending on conditions.
- Municipal Court proceedings are suspended.
- Garbage and recycling collections will remain the same.
- The Department of Public Works is available for emergency services only and can be reached by telephoning 732-978-0364.
- Online services are available at the borough website for water, sewer and tax payments. Payments can also be dropped off in the drop box on the side of the Helmetta Municipal Building.
Helmetta parks and outdoor recreation areas will remain open. However, Mayor Slavicek is asking residents to practice social distancing when using these areas. Residents can visit the Helmetta website for updates from the Helmetta Office of Emergency Management as well as additional information and links on COVID-19.