SPOTSWOOD, NJ - Spotswood Mayor Edward Seely announced that the Borough Office would be closed to the general public until further notice in response to recommendations from the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention. Other changes announced by Seely in a Nixle advisory to residents include:
- The Spotswood Library will remain closed until further notice.
- All Spotswood Recreation Department activities are canceled.
- Services from the Department of Public Works will continue without interruption.
- All transportation and programs at the Spotswood Office on Aging are suspended. The staff will be available by telephone to answer questions.
- All Municipal Court sessions are canceled. Any payments can be made by mail or by going online at http://njmcdirect.com.
- Online payment is available for tax, water and sewer payments through the Spotswood Borough website. A drop box is also available outside the front of the Municipal Building. The drop box will be emptied daily.
Residents can reach borough staff by email or telephone for questions or issues with borough services. A directory of borough staff can be found on the borough website. The directory includes email addresses and telephone numbers of borough employees.
According to the New Jersey Health Department website, there was a large spike in positive cases of the coronavirus today bringing the total up to 178. The number is up 80 from Sunday's total. Bergen County remains the hot spot with 61 cases. Middlesex County currently has 17. There have not been any reported cases in Spotswood or Helmetta.