NEW JERSEY - Columbus Day is celebrated annually on the second Monday in October. It is considered a state and federal holiday. Some New Jersey school districts have a full day of school today while others have a half day or are closed completely. So, what else is open and closed on Monday, October 14 for Columbus Day?
- New Jersey Post Offices are closed though there will be FedEx and UPS deliveries today.
- All state offices and courts are closed.
- The stock market is open.
- Most NJ banks are closed today.
- The Division of Motor Vehicles is closed,
- NJ Transit is operating on a normal schedule for Columbus Day
- Some libraries are open and others are closed. The Spotswood Public Library is open, but the Milltown Public Library is closed on Columbus Day.
- Middlesex County College is closed today.
Since many malls and retail stores have sales in honor of Columbus Day, most of them are open and operating on regular Monday hours today. For residents heading into NYC for the 75th annual Columbus Day Parade along Fifth Avenue, the parade begins at noon.